Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Dobbs is going to need to pass the team to a win soon...
And I mean in a way that all successful NFL QBs do: Pocket passing accuracy. Because teams will try and stop his running and say beat us through the air. KOC knows it's coming. Its Josh's weak spot and why he's bounced around. I don't think he'll ever be a top notch accurate passer, but if he does just enough to compliment his running, the team can keep on winning games. Balance. Its what KOC will be striving for with his play calling. Hello run game: if you're ever going to show up, now is the time. But regardless, Mr. Dobbs will need to toss some dimes. 

Should be fun and interesting to find out. 

From what I've seen in 7 quarters so far (make that six...the first few drives against the Falcons were forgettable, and he didn't even know the playbook), I think it is eminently possible that he will.  I would say that in the first half against the Saints, with 220 yards in one half, he pretty much did.  Don't forget that Chandler's run was called back due to O'Neill's holding call, Joseph missed a FG, and Addison dropped a "shoulda had that one" TD, all in the second half.  Turned what coulda been a blowout in both quarters to an unnecessary "hold on for dear life" end to the game.  

Agreed,

D's will spy, blitz etc to keep him in check. 

Nothing the football world hasn't seen b4 though. 

How Dobbs/KOC/Phillips adjust will be the great chess match. 

Agree. He's been moving the ball in short chunks in the air and on the ground which is understandable considering his inexperience in the offense.

But if we can unleash some sort of deep passing game in Denver, that could make the offense even more dangerous, especially with a running QB and a potentially dangerous back in Chandler.

Watching defenses try to force Dobbs to beat them with his arm is gonna be a fun to watch playout.

IMO The guy that is gonna stir the drink  is Oliver. because he's a beast  on the edges.

when JJ returns he'll  force  defenses to be  more predictable.

My guess is  KOC, Phillips and co. will  figure out how to exploit the  shit outta the tendencies and   this whole thing is gonna get  really weird.
We'll see

Something that I've noticed about Dobbs so far is that he looks to pass first before taking off. Even while scrambling/escaping he's looking to pass.  He hasn't been a typical tuck and run QB once things breaks down, and I believe defenses will have to account for that, if they haven't already.  He also seems to have nice pocket awareness and movement within it. 

As he becomes more comfortable with the offense, and with the weapons this team has, this offense, potentially, can really take off.

Just no more major injuries, please.

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
Something that I've noticed about Dobbs so far is that he looks to pass first before taking off. Even while scrambling/escaping he's looking to pass.  He hasn't been a typical tuck and run QB once things breaks down, and I believe defenses will have to account for that, if they haven't already.  He also seems to have nice pocket awareness and movement within it. 

As he becomes more comfortable with the offense, and with the weapons this team has, this offense, potentially, can really take off.

Building off of your point here, watch his eyes in the play at 1:02.  Far as I can tell he gets through 3 reads, tucks it, and then finds Hock down field. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Agree. He's been moving the ball in short chunks in the air and on the ground which is understandable considering his inexperience in the offense.

But if we can unleash some sort of deep passing game in Denver, that could make the offense even more dangerous, especially with a running QB and a potentially dangerous back in Chandler.
I have no idea how/if JJ/Dobbs will mix...

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:

he keeps his eyes up,  but he needs to do more to sell the pass or the run,  when he is rolling out he needs to pump fake even if its not there,  that will get the LBs to drop a couple extra steps in response and give him a few more yards, or maybe he will be able to get down/out without taking an unnecessary hit.  watch Mahomes,  even though he is running he is pump faking or doing little things to try and sell run or pass to move the defenders more favorably,  Dobbs tends to look like a point guard weaving his way through the lane juking left/right and then bursting to the rack.  I think this will come as he becomes more comfortable with the O,  right now I am sure he is still second guessing his receivers routes and such.