Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anthony Barr is back!
Signing with Vikings per Schefter 

Just read this, holy shiite! BFlo can use him how Zim never did :p

as a coach?  he was done before he played his last game here.  I have my doubts he has found the fountain of youth or any miracles for those knees.

Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jordan Hicks left Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints with a shin injury, and the veteran wound up needing treatment in a hospital.
Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell told reporters on Monday that Hicks underwent a procedure after the 31-year-old developed compartment syndrome in his right leg. Hicks remained hospitalized as of Monday afternoon for precautionary reasons.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jordan Hicks left Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints with a shin injury, and the veteran wound up needing treatment in a hospital.
Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell told reporters on Monday that Hicks underwent a procedure after the 31-year-old developed compartment syndrome in his right leg. Hicks remained hospitalized as of Monday afternoon for precautionary reasons.
I hope Hicks is okay. He's been part of this trifecta of Bynum, Hunter, and himself that have really turned things around on defense. 

They need a body because we don't know how long Hicks is out

Surgery…Compartment syndrome surgery
A surgical procedure called fasciotomy is the most effective treatment of chronic exertional compartment syndrome. It involves cutting open the inflexible tissue encasing each of the affected muscle compartments. This relieves the pressure.
This is from Google the tissue swells and blocks the muscle compartments so no blood flow happens. If the pressure is not relieved the results can be very serious. Nerves dying, possible amputation etc. sound scary.

If he has compartment syndrome and had a procedure for it I’m going to assume it was a fasciotomy. Depending on the size of the wound, it could take a couple months or more to heal, so this could end up shelving Hicks for the season IF that’s the procedure he had. 

Back in the early 90s I was a ward clerk on the rehab unit of a hospital locally. We had a teenage patient who developed compartmental syndrome and they split his leg open fron the knee to just above the ankle. It’s a big surgery but again at this point it hasn’t been said what procedure Hicks had or how extensive the compartment is.