Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets, The Vikings
How boneheaded are the Jets for not trading for Dobbs? Or for basically anyone competent? Their defense is awesome and they are floundering because Zach Wilson is horrendous.

I know many were fine with “riding with Hall” and standing pat after Kirk got hurt, and I get that. But injuries happen and how smart does KAM look this morning? With Mannion at QB the past 1.75 games, they are both losses, I’m 99.99% certain. Within the prism of trying to win football games (and not tanking), trading nothing and getting Dobbs has been a home run for us.

Wild how two different franchises can handle similar situation completely differently. Good job, Vikings. To the Jets and their fans— ouch. 

I thought Zach Wilson would be an average to good QB. He has an arm but not accuracy and intangibles. At least he got the ball in the air and to the endzone on the final play.

In Wilson's defense that Jets o-line is a mash unit and I think I heard were on their 5th new starting lineups for the season. I also think Hackett is, well...a hack. 

But I'm not sure if the Vikings were smart or just lucky trading for Dobbs. If Mullens didn't have the back injury we probably don't make that move. Good pick up though going with a super smart guy who can pick up the playbook and has some physical tools to work with 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
In Wilson's defense that Jets o-line is a mash unit and I think I heard were on their 5th new starting lineups for the season. I also think Hackett is, well...a hack. 

But I'm not sure if the Vikings were smart or just lucky trading for Dobbs. If Mullens didn't have the back injury we probably don't make that move. Good pick up though going with a super smart guy who can pick up the playbook and has some physical tools to work with 
Agree if Mullens was healthy they never would have traded for a quarterback.  I read somewhere, don't recall where, that either KOC or Kwesi had interest or had scouted Dobbs before he entered the draft so they may have had some insight to the man and player before the trade.

The Jets are a hot mess. Regardless of the injury and whether or not they would have made the trade, the Vikings made the trade and they picked Dobbs. Give some credit where credit is due and enjoy the ride 

Quote: @Greylock said:
@supafreak84 said:

Agree if Mullens was healthy they never would have traded for a quarterback.  I read somewhere, don't recall where, that either KOC or Kwesi had interest or had scouted Dobbs before he entered the draft so they may have had some insight to the man and player before the trade.
But remember, he wasn't their first choice. Sounds like they wanted John Wolford in Tampa, who the Bucs added to their active roster to prevent the move. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Greylock said:
@supafreak84 said:

But remember, he wasn't their first choice. Sounds like they wanted John Wolford in Tampa, who the Bucs added to their active roster to prevent the move. 

The Rams were after Wolford as well, before the Vikings! They ended up w/ Wentz, yuck…! 

What's sad for the Jets is their D is so good it's fun to watch.  But Zach Wilson is hot shit on dirt.  It's painful to watch.

Quote: @FLVike said:
I thought Zach Wilson would be an average to good QB. He has an arm but not accuracy and intangibles. At least he got the ball in the air and to the endzone on the final play.
Same, I was all over Zach Wilson and had him as the second QB easy after Lawrence.  On the plus side, for me, I thought Lance would be a bust Smile

Another lesson in don't bet on a young QB with a D guru head coach. (although the early returns in Houston look good)