Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our offensive line is elite.
for real. Dobbs has alot of time and is hardly getting touched. 
Run game, not so much but Akers and Ty are having some success 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
for real. Dobbs has alot of time and is hardly getting touched. 
Run game, not so much but Akers and Ty are having some success 
Uhm,   Akers is on IR...IRRC.

At pass blocking 

Vikings went in a shell in the 2nd half. Bad penalties. It wasn't rocket science for the Saints to load the box. So annoying. 

Like all offensive lines they have their breakdowns, but they do seem to be playing better and better every week. Ingram especially has been so much better this year. His pass blocking was elite last week  (81 PFF grade). And I thought he looked pretty good yesterday too. 

Elite hardly, but opposing defenses now need to be concerned with Dobbs ability to run when the play breaks down.  One more thing that slows down the defensive line.

I’m not quite ready to go with elite, but certainly this is
the best OLine we’ve had in a long time. 
I think an elite OLine is going to have great pass protection paired
with at least a quality ground game (scrambles not counting).  If we start to see 4+ ypc and a 4 minute
drill where we can go out there and just manhandle the other team and run it
productively even though they know we’re going to do it, then we can start
talking elite.

Ed Ingram up with the Darrisaws and O'Neills of the world....and check out those young DBs.

[Image: a0oiyn04f3yk.jpeg]

I hope loading the box doesn’t become the solution to containing Dobbs, stopping our running game, and forcing Dobbs to win with his arm.

Cousins was carrying the offense with the passing game.  Hopefully with the return of Jefferson, Osborn, and a lot of roll outs O’Connell will have answers.