Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the genius who signed Josh Metellus lol
Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
Metellus has been playing like a Pro-Bowler.  The dude is just a smart player and is thriving under Flores.  I'm not even sure what position he plays. Is he a LB or DB or both? =)This isn't Spielman's roster any longer. Kwesi's guys made a huge difference in this last game: Dobbs, Hall, Hock, Addison, Powell, Hicks, Murphy, Evens, Risner, Akers, Pace, and even Ingram is playing much better.  How about Quessenberry filling in for the big man CD?
The core of this team is still very much Speilman's team, all of our best OL - Darrisaw, O'Neil, our two best players Jefferson and Cousins.  Our best defensive players in Hunter, Smith, Bynum, Metellus.  The weaker areas of this team are guys KAM has brought in.  Since KAM got here Cousins and JJ have carried this team.  Hopefully, Dobbs or Hall can fill in and do a decent job the rest of the year, but past history does not favor that outcome.  
This is so ridiculous.  The Vikes had talent when Spielman was fired, nobody is doubting that.  The Vikes aren't going to throw players away because Spielman either signed or drafted a particular player.  There I recognized Spielman did good things (and he did, seriously).  But so has Kwesi.
Murphy, Evans, and Blackmon have been either starting or seeing the field quite a bit on D.  The DBs are playing better now than I can remember.  Pace and Hicks are the primary LBs, and both are making splash plays each game.  How about Harrison Phillips, Bullard, Tonga and the rookie Roy?  That IDL has improved quite a bit since the first few games (Vikes now rank #12 against the run, btw). 
Yes, Spielman has drafted studs on D, but all of them are improved this season because of coaching, and an improved supporting cast.  I think our coaches are great, and it wasn't Spielman that got them to the Vikings.  It was Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.
LOL! That is ridiculous?  So I mentioned - Cousins, Darrisaw, Jefferson, O'Neal, Hunter, Smith - all All Pro players and the best in the game and you came back with - Murphy, Evans, Blackmon, Phillips, Bullard, Tonga and Roy!  That is hilarious!  Yeah you definitely made your point there!  Yeah that KAM is a keeper you sold me!

KAM sucked when they were 0-3! Now he's great! The Spielman chapter has been written.  Results are what matters and the KAM chapter is only beginning.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
KAM sucked when they were 0-3! Now he's great! The Spielman chapter has been written.  Results are what matters and the KAM chapter is only beginning.

Results are all that matters and they are 0/1 in the playoffs...

Next 1/2 of the season will be interesting, we'll see how they do w/out much @ QB. As a fan, I am not expecting much more than being competitive. 

That might not even be possible if the MASH Unit continues to grow each week...

Quote: @JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
@JR44 said:
@HappyViking said:
Metellus has been playing like a Pro-Bowler.  The dude is just a smart player and is thriving under Flores.  I'm not even sure what position he plays. Is he a LB or DB or both? =)This isn't Spielman's roster any longer. Kwesi's guys made a huge difference in this last game: Dobbs, Hall, Hock, Addison, Powell, Hicks, Murphy, Evens, Risner, Akers, Pace, and even Ingram is playing much better.  How about Quessenberry filling in for the big man CD?
The core of this team is still very much Speilman's team, all of our best OL - Darrisaw, O'Neil, our two best players Jefferson and Cousins.  Our best defensive players in Hunter, Smith, Bynum, Metellus.  The weaker areas of this team are guys KAM has brought in.  Since KAM got here Cousins and JJ have carried this team.  Hopefully, Dobbs or Hall can fill in and do a decent job the rest of the year, but past history does not favor that outcome.  
This is so ridiculous.  The Vikes had talent when Spielman was fired, nobody is doubting that.  The Vikes aren't going to throw players away because Spielman either signed or drafted a particular player.  There I recognized Spielman did good things (and he did, seriously).  But so has Kwesi.
Murphy, Evans, and Blackmon have been either starting or seeing the field quite a bit on D.  The DBs are playing better now than I can remember.  Pace and Hicks are the primary LBs, and both are making splash plays each game.  How about Harrison Phillips, Bullard, Tonga and the rookie Roy?  That IDL has improved quite a bit since the first few games (Vikes now rank #12 against the run, btw). 
Yes, Spielman has drafted studs on D, but all of them are improved this season because of coaching, and an improved supporting cast.  I think our coaches are great, and it wasn't Spielman that got them to the Vikings.  It was Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.
LOL! That is ridiculous?  So I mentioned - Cousins, Darrisaw, Jefferson, O'Neal, Hunter, Smith - all All Pro players and the best in the game and you came back with - Murphy, Evans, Blackmon, Phillips, Bullard, Tonga and Roy!  That is hilarious!  Yeah you definitely made your point there!  Yeah that KAM is a keeper you sold me!
Besides JJ, none of these "Spielman greats" you mentioned above were considered "great" in their first or even second seasons.  Hell, many here still think Cousins isn't anything that special.  You give Kwesi aquisitions time and you might find "Kwesi greats" too.  I like the Addison pick almost as much as I like the Spielman's JJ pick.  Don't forget about Hock - he's a Kwesi Pro Bowler as well.

You'd think other teams would be eager to hire the great Rick Spielman now that he's available.  Ran a team for 15 years and never reached a SB.  Couldn't draft an impact player on D for the last 6 years in a row of his tenure.  Spent the last several years in a war/power struggle with his HC which he somehow hid from his generally disinterested and clueless ownership.  Watched that HC's relationships with his players deteriorate badly while the team slid into mediocrity and did nothing about it. Then was surprised when all of this caused ownership to fire him.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:
That dude is going to ball for us over the next 2 1/2 years.  Definitely an example of coaching taking a nobody and turning him into a somebody.  I know KAM has made some blunders but signing this guy a couple games before he exploded is a heck of a signing. 
The same guy that traded down and drafted Lewis Cine who will go down as one of the biggest busts in franchise history unless he somehow shows the ability to press for a starting job.

No one is perfect but we missed out on Jordan Davis, Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis, 3 guys that would have significant impacts on this team at its weakest positions.
I hear Jordan Davis's name a lot. I get the impression people think he's been some kind star in Philly. Although the word "bust" was used by some his rookie season, he was OK. The thing is...he hasn't really improved much this season. Roughly similar production and grades to Harrison Phillips. What's more, Davis only plays 1/3 of the snaps. I don't know man, think I might expect a little more than that for a 13th overall pick.  
Good insight to a narrative of some fans that think he's a star. He isn't. 
Hard to say what he would be on this defense, but even his current contribution on a stacked Philly team would be more than Lewis Cine has provided so far.  A potential talent that has been on the field actually playing on a deep team versus a guy who has zero pathway to the field

Quote: @Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:
That dude is going to ball for us over the next 2 1/2 years.  Definitely an example of coaching taking a nobody and turning him into a somebody.  I know KAM has made some blunders but signing this guy a couple games before he exploded is a heck of a signing. 
The same guy that traded down and drafted Lewis Cine who will go down as one of the biggest busts in franchise history unless he somehow shows the ability to press for a starting job.

No one is perfect but we missed out on Jordan Davis, Trent McDuffie, George Karlaftis, 3 guys that would have significant impacts on this team at its weakest positions.
I still contend that if Spielman was the GM we would have drafted Hamilton and called it a day. Woulda, coulda...

Quote: @Skodin said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:

I hear Jordan Davis's name a lot. I get the impression people think he's been some kind star in Philly. Although the word "bust" was used by some his rookie season, he was OK. The thing is...he hasn't really improved much this season. Roughly similar production and grades to Harrison Phillips. What's more, Davis only plays 1/3 of the snaps. I don't know man, think I might expect a little more than that for a 13th overall pick.  
Good insight to a narrative of some fans that think he's a star. He isn't. 
Hard to say what he would be on this defense, but even his current contribution on a stacked Philly team would be more than Lewis Cine has provided so far.  A potential talent that has been on the field actually playing on a deep team versus a guy who has zero pathway to the field

Which is fair to an extent.  I F@cking hated the trade.  Hamilton was my guy.  I thought it was a miracle he was there.  Then we traded.  But you can't pick in choose the ones doing decent going down the board without pointing out the duds.  50%ish of 1st rounders are busts.  Right now we're batting 1/2 with Cine/Addison.  So KAM is batting exactly where he should be with limited sample size. 

We might be able to say Addison was the best WR pick when this draft is all said and done?  If KAM pulled a rabbit out of his ass and got another probowl WR then he did much better then 50/50.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:

And yet he is still contributing to his team and a great team at that. Cine, nothing at all. I don't think there is a first round safety taken in the NFL in the last 10 years that hasn't been starting by year two till now.

Well, I guess 1 out of 12 isn't that bad.