Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Viking QBs
Well, it looks like we have two mobile QBs.  What'd ya think?  It's nothing like watching a Kirk led offense, but it's exciting.  I'm ready to see more of that, but I'm not convinced the Dobbs\Hall duo will be good enough for more wins.  However, I won't rule that out.  B) It's hard not to agree that it's an exciting brand of offense.  Some of those big plays looked like Dobbs was going to be killed, but he somehow escaped.  Both Hall and Dobbs impressed me today, but Dobbs was the hero.  That's just an incredible game and what a life long memory for him.
I really enjoyed this new era of QB play today - SKOL!

They just beat the #6 defense in their house putting up 31 points.  Dobbs also beat Dallas with no one in Arizona.  On this team with this talent and improving defense there is no reason why we can't beat:
  • Chicago and GB in Minnesota
  • Home vs New Orleans (a team that beat Chi by 7 at home today, Bagent ran for 70 yards today)
  • Denver and Oakland on the road, at worst a split
Cincy we will be underdogs no doubt

That's 9/10 wins with the first game of the Detroit set in Minnesota

So Dobbs will get the full week with #1 reps and be much better prepared (that's an understatement). I expect KOC to use that mobility. Lots of injuries piling up, however. 

We'll find out if Dobbs might be a weapon for a stretch run or if he's just a journeyman that caught lightning in a bottle. 

My heart says maybe KOC is the magician/coach a guy like Dobbs needs and we have our Warner story in MN...

My head says
;

[Image: 3189bf04-4799-4511-8a88-ba237f23d5ce.jpe...=4a24118_0]

Script was flipped from timing and on schedule plays to off schedule plays. I like the positive aspects of it, but they better find a running game besides the QB to go very far. Maybe run from a spread offense to create space. They are not a physical group up front without Darrisaw.
KOC will have to design a very different style of game plan to take advantage of the new QB strengths.
I liked what I saw from both QB's. 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Script was flipped from timing and on schedule plays to off schedule plays. I like the positive aspects of it, but they better find a running game besides the QB to go very far. Maybe run from a spread offense to create space. They are not a physical group up front without Darrisaw.
KOC will have to design a very different style of game plan to take advantage of the new QB strengths.
Without Cousins, teams are just going to key on our running game and force the QB to beat them. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
Without Cousins, teams are just going to key on our running game and force the QB to beat them. 
I think it will be the opposite.  Until we can prove that we can run the ball,
they will just ignore the running game and focus exclusively on disrupting the
pass and keeping the QB from making plays with their legs.  I just don’t think there’s any reason to
dedicate resources to stopping the run, when we can’t do it effectively anyway.

I think Atlanta was so tough to run on is because they focused on stopping it.  I'm sure Atlanta knew the Vikes wanted to be run heavy because of the dire QB situation.  They did a great job shutting down the run, but that obviously opened up the passing game and the big plays from our running QBs.

Quote: @medaille said:
@MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
I think it will be the opposite.  Until we can prove that we can run the ball,
they will just ignore the running game and focus exclusively on disrupting the
pass and keeping the QB from making plays with their legs.  I just don’t think there’s any reason to
dedicate resources to stopping the run, when we can’t do it effectively anyway.
Agreed.  The key to stopping our running game, let KOC call plays.

Not saying he didn't do great this weekend, but he is terrible at calling run plays.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
...we have our Warner story in MN...
... or Rich Gannon. A backup for years until he joined Oakland.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...nnRi00.htm