Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danielle Hunter was a beast today
His stops on 2nd and 3rd down after the first(I think) Dobb's fumble at the goal line kept us in the game.  There were many more plays made throughout by him, but those, back to back, really stood out.

We need to pay this guy IMO.  Hoping we can find a way.

Extend him and add someone to boost the inside rush.

Having Jordan Davis over Lewis Cine right now would be great.  But with an inside rusher, less room for a QB to escape Hunter's rush.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Extend him and add someone to boost the inside rush.

Having Jordan Davis over Lewis Cine right now would be great.  But with an inside rusher, less room for a QB to escape Hunter's rush.
No doubt.  Hoping BF finds a way to stack more when teams decide to just pound the ball.  BUT probably just a bandaid at this point.

Hunter had 9 tackles today and it felt like he was always involved.  Feel he is really bought into this staff, and of course, working his way to a big pay day with us or ...

I mean he is firmly in contention at this point to be the DPOY. How do you let him walk out the door this offseason? Just like he was under Zimmer, he's the straw that stirs the drink on defense 

I really hope we can get the last quarter of the season with a healthy Davenport who looked damn good when he played.  Adding Davenport to this defense with fresh legs could be a real X factor down the stretch

Ideally he signs a contract here. He had a monster game