Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland out means Risner in
We just traded Ezra Cleveland to the Jags for a 6th rounder

Good move we got something for him now.  I read where he wanted a shot at Tackle and he wasn't getting it here and Risner is a better Guard then him anyway

Was he not in a position to help with comp picks?  This seems very low if he were to yield anything there?  But we essentially didn’t need him. 

I thought we could do better than a 6th for him.

That's shit compensation. Should of just kept him for depth if nothing else as he can play tackle also. I like Risner, but that's low compensation for a guy who's been an above average starter for us who we invested a second round pick on 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
That's shit compensation. Should of just kept him for depth if nothing else as he can play tackle also. I like Risner, but that's low compensation for a guy who's been an above average starter for us who we invested a second round pick on 
I didn't really think about that....what would a second round pick garner in comp?  A third maybe?

So when you look at it that way it may not have been a very good deal.  Unless their were brewing issues behind the scenes which is complete conjecture - IDK

Quote: @minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
I didn't really think about that....what would a second round pick garner in comp?  A third maybe?

So when you look at it that way it may not have been a very good deal.  Unless their were brewing issues behind the scenes which is complete conjecture - IDK
The comp pick depends on any free agents the Vikings would sign.  A third round comp not likely more like a 5th or maybe a 6th round comp pick.

As far as keeping him for depth they have Brandell who has played tackle and would back up Risner at guard most likely.

My guess is that after watching for two games, they judged Risner was simply better than Cleveland and they're best shot was getting that 6th back that they burned on Dobbs.  So they are net up a 7th rounder after these two trades.  

Comp picks are based on what the player gets in FA, and Cleveland's market likely took a hit when everyone saw our OL improve when he was benched.  Plus we wouldn't get the comp pick until 2025, now we get it in '24.

Yea I never understood the whole comp pick thingee Smile