Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dobbs QB trade w/Arizona thoughts?
I am guessing for depth?  

Best thing about this trade is now it almost certainly means that Manion won't be called up from the PS Smile

They need a QB. They've got an injured Mullens and freaking Sean Mannion. Its completely fine. The comp is nothing. If Jaren Hall shits the bed, then this guy can go in. Its really not any kind of major move, just a good get IMO. He's started football games, is athletic, has a nice arm. A vet at 28 years old. 

Think this shows the lack of confidence they have in Mannion being the backup then the confidence they have in starting Hall. 

I like this a lot (don't know comp yet).  He is a decent starting QB who can create, move the pocket and run which will help.  He is a different QB then what we have or had - IMO.  Not saying we are playoff bound but he is only 28 so not real old either.

I think it is obvious we are trying to compete for a playoff spot with this move.

Probably end up in draft limbo as usual but if we really like a Top 10 QB then we have to have the balls to go him just like the Cheifs did with Mahomes and Bills did for Allen.

Mannion sucks ginormous ass and I never want to see him play again. Remember when Cousins was out with COVID and Mannion turtled up against Green Bay?  It is better to have someone younger and mobile than Mannion period 

Im not sure of his contract situation but on the surface I see no reason tongive him snaps over Hall. if Hall sucks, we play into a higher pick.  if he doesn’t Dobbs doesnt see the field. if hes signed for a few years, let Mannion and Mullins go. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
I like this a lot (don't know comp yet).  He is a decent starting QB who can create, move the pocket and run which will help.  He is a different QB then what we have or had - IMO.  Not saying we are playoff bound but he is only 28 so not real old either.

I think it is obvious we are trying to compete for a playoff spot with this move.

Probably end up in draft limbo as usual but if we really like a Top 10 QB then we have to have the balls to go him just like the Cheifs did with Mahomes and Bills did for Allen.
Dobbs is looking like what I thought but I really want to see more of Hall before the year is out.  I want a clear cut plan for the most important position.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@minny65 said:

Dobbs is looking like what I thought but I really want to see more of Hall before the year is out.  I want a clear cut plan for the most important position.
Same. If Dobbs is more good than bad against the Saints, the Vikings will continue on with him, regardless of Hall's health. But we really do need to see what we have with Hall. He showed promise last week. 

If the Vikings keep Dobbs as a backup, and I love him in that role next year, AND they draft a QB in the 1st, then Hall could be the odd man out. And that would be a damn shame.

Why is Mannion still on this team.  Cousins is out for the season so he doesn’t need his “blanket” which was always the supposed reason for him even being on this team.  It appears to be he is getting a free check and blocking someone else from being on the practice squad.