Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a real tough one for the team
Quote: @CFIAvike said:
Jaren Hall is ass, and we don’t have a running game to hide/protect him. The Vikings are about to look like the Hawkeyes. I’ll bet everything in my FanDuel account we lose to the Falcons
All $10? 

Another poster with 20 posts comes out of the woodwork when shit hits the fan. Gotta love 'em. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
Well Sticky it's time to see if wanting to jump the shark on Jaren Hall was the right instinct.  Personally I'm interested to see what he can (or can't) do.
So the dipshits calling the game go on this long discussion about the ref/analyst that is having back surgery and isn't on the broadcast while Allen throws for a vital first down on 3rd and long....and never acknowledge it. I'm like WTF? I like that KOC had him throwing. And of ALL people, Darrisaw gives up that huge strip sack. Jaren looked like he was just about to uncork a deep one before getting blasted. 

Let's see what the kid's got. Fuck Nick Mullens. 

Jaren Hall
I don't get the sentiment. Before the injury, Mullens looked at least like he knew which direction the end zone was. Throwing Hall in there for the rest of the season smells like the Josh Freeman fiasco. 
Don't get the equivalency of this at all. Mullens won't be playing this Sunday anyway, needs to be out one more week. So you've probably the got the Jaren Hall show against the Falcons. What's Mullens going to do anyway? Lead the team to the playoffs? I'm not here saying Hall is going to do anything at all. Might look like hot dog shit. Won't know until we see him in action. Odds are long I'd say.

Josh Freeman? I guess I don't get the comparison. But to your point: my guess would be the team will be going with Mullens after the Falcons game.

If they bring Mannion up from the PS, I swear that I'll lose my shit.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
If they bring Mannion up from the PS, I swear that I'll lose my shit.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@Zanary said:
Wow...quick, give up, before the line gets too long!

Sad, just plain sad.
Bruh…Kirk was literally the offense. He’s easily the second best QB in Vikings history…and he’s toast. The season is effectively over. 
The defense and the o-line have both evolved all season. Hall might be coachable. I don't understand "supporting a team" when it seems like most "fans" spend most of the time sweating the draft position, rather than supporting the players that are there.

Is spending the whole season looking ahead to replacements...support?

So we go 3-0 without JJ? lol, of course. 

Upcoming games versus weak opponents seems like the ideal situation to give Hall a tryout.  

Mullens or some street free agent vet would get you maybe 7-8 wins--what's the point?

If wanna tank then play Mannion every snap the rest of the way.  You'll beat the Bears and lose the rest, 5-12 = top 10 draft pick.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@CFIAvike said:
@Zanary said:
Wow...quick, give up, before the line gets too long!

Sad, just plain sad.
Bruh…Kirk was literally the offense. He’s easily the second best QB in Vikings history…and he’s toast. The season is effectively over. 
The defense and the o-line have both evolved all season. Hall might be coachable. I don't understand "supporting a team" when it seems like most "fans" spend most of the time sweating the draft position, rather than supporting the players that are there.

Is spending the whole season looking ahead to replacements...support?
Look, if Jaren Hall is the second coming of Jesus so be it. I’ll happily be wrong. I just think it's infinitely more likely that he sucks and if he starts the rest of the season, we don’t win a game. 

I also believe that there is not one QB available to us that will be able to get us to the playoffs.  Look I’m not hoping we lose, but it’s literally inevitable at this point. At the end of the day, the only difference between 4-13 and and 8-9 is the worse draft pick and a tougher schedule next year. 

Quote: @FLVike said:
Ok, let's get serious here, the chances that Hall throws for 300 yards, 3 TDs, no fumbles, and no interceptions against the Falcons next week;I would say one in a million.

I'll take those odds.  $10 on Hall please. 

The gaming commission needs to verify that you have the funds available to pay though.

Nobody is crowning Hall. At all. But why not see what they've got? If he crashes and burns, so be it. Higher draft selection then. But on the very very low chance the kid outperforms expectations in a big way, then awesome.