Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different feel for this years border battle...
No Favre
No Rogers

you'd have to to go back 30+ years (to 1991) since that last happened. 

Yep. Vikings under .500 coming in. I read that they expect a lot of Purple in the stands as ticket prices are relatively cheap, the weather and the Packers stink. 

if they dont win today,  sell sell sell.  As down as the Pack are this year,  if this team has anything at all to hang its postseason dreams on it has to handle games like this,  a poor showing today will make Mondays win a lot clearer for me.

Took my youngest to the game today, had a blast!  Most purple I've seen in Lambeau for a Vikings game...  easily 40% if not more (typically is 25-30%).

Sucks Kirk blew his Achilles.  Just when we were getting things turning in the right direction...  :-(

Couple things I saw at the game...  Addison is a legit weapon, he's silky smooth on his routes and is going to be a problem for teams this year and beyond.

Mettellus is a DUDE...  it's tough to see this on TV, but he always seems to be in the right spot in coverage and brings the wood tackling.  He had a heck of game.  Cam Bynum is playing really well too.  If Harry decides to retire, we'll be fine with these two.

Mattison has a tendency to dance too much on inside runs.  It showed up frequently in the first half where the hole or crease was there but he took to long to get there.  Did a better job of it in the 4th quarter but he was leaving yards on the field on this inside runs.

Evans looks like he's regressing in coverage.  Reminds me of when Rhodes lost it.  Doesn't get his head around often enough and not sure what he was doing on the TD he gave up.  Way too much cushion and late to react. 

Great defensive effort overall!  The Packers fans erupted with a cheer when they got their first 1st down late in the 2nd quarter...  made me chuckle.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Took my youngest to the game today, had a blast!  Most purple I've seen in Lambeau for a Vikings game...  easily 40% if not more (typically is 25-30%).

Sucks Kirk blew his Achilles.  Just when we were getting things turning in the right direction...  :-(

Couple things I saw at the game...  Addison is a legit weapon, he's silky smooth on his routes and is going to be a problem for teams this year and beyond.

Mettellus is a DUDE...  it's tough to see this on TV, but he always seems to be in the right spot in coverage and brings the wood tackling.  He had a heck of game.  Cam Bynum is playing really well too.  If Harry decides to retire, we'll be fine with these two.

Mattison has a tendency to dance too much on inside runs.  It showed up frequently in the first half where the hole or crease was there but he took to long to get there.  Did a better job of it in the 4th quarter but he was leaving yards on the field on this inside runs.

Evans looks like he's regressing in coverage.  Reminds me of when Rhodes lost it.  Doesn't get his head around often enough and not sure what he was doing on the TD he gave up.  Way too much cushion and late to react. 

Great defensive effort overall!  The Packers fans erupted with a cheer when they got their first 1st down late in the 2nd quarter...  made me chuckle.
Was it a full stadium? I'm guessing pretty close, but wondering if the Packer faithful are beginning to bail.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@Wetlander said:

Was it a full stadium? I'm guessing pretty close, but wondering if the Packer faithful are beginning to bail.
It was full because of so many Vikings fans there.  

I wish GB fans a decade of .500 football. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:

That's so awesome you made it to the game with your kid - great memories and a Viking win!
Did you take part in the Viking Lambeau Skol chant?  It seemed loud on TV.  =)