Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Purdy In Concussion Protocal - May Miss Bengals Game

That would explain that last pass attempt.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...b4nHeLxjfw&s=19
I saw this during the game and was wondering how he kept playing after that hit on his head.

...and Jordan Hicks can probably expect a fine. Which I find ridiculous, but that's the NFL today.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
...and Jordan Hicks can probably expect a fine. Which I find ridiculous, but that's the NFL today.
If you don't want your QB concussed, don't freaking send him into the pile! What the hell is Hicks supposed to do? Go in belly first? The Helmet to helmet rule has to be eliminated from QB sneaks. 

I just want to know when did this happen and did the 49ers know about it when they sent him back in? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
If you don't want your QB concussed, don't freaking send him into the pile! What the hell is Hicks supposed to do? Go in belly first? The Helmet to helmet rule has to be eliminated from QB sneaks. 

I just want to know when did this happen and did the 49ers know about it when they sent him back in? 

Niners said he started having symptoms on the flight home.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Niners said he started having symptoms on the flight home.
Have they seen the tape?  Have they seen his last pass?  There were signs well before wheels up.

Yes, he threw a pick on his last pass, but if Bynum hadn't been in exactly the right spot, it would have been a completion.  I saw nothing wrong with his last throw except that Bynum was in the right place, jumped in front and high-pointed the ball in front of the designated receiver.  I watched that play multiple times (as most of you did as well), and that was my takeaway.

Wonder if this sneak/concussion will effect the leagues discussion of the Tush Push?  I suppose if the 49ers loose to the Bengals there will be a lot of talk about rule changes.