Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has happened to the Viking's O-line?
Man, what a difference this season. And this was before Risner got in with the Cleveland injury and he's played well. The D is improved also, but very impressive play from the O-line so far this year compared to last year certainly. 

[Image: nice.gif]

From ESPN:  'Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins, who torched them for 378 yards and two touchdowns while not being sacked and only pressured on 25% of his 45 drop backs.'

Last night I saw Kirk moving more in the pocket which IMO is a huge help to the OL.  They still get no push in short yardage situations,  and really when the niners played the run and we ran,  the OL lost most the time regardless of the situation. 

I think its called jelled or something 

Zero sacks. 49ers had their lowest pass rush win rate since 2017. Bosa was 1/40 against Darrisaw. 

It's continuity. Continuity is good. Bradbury has improved each season. Ingram improved steadily over the course of last season. And he's doing it again this season, but from a higher starting point. He's now easily a top half guard. The tackles are simply the best bookends in football. Keep 'em together. I think the line we saw last night is the starting line next year. 

But thank you for mentioning that the line had improved before Risner. The TWIT-o-sphere is full of folks saying Risner made all the difference. LOL. But that wasn't nearly as mind-numbingly stupid as this....

https://twitter.com/adampatrickNFL/statu...04832?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Zero sacks. 49ers had their lowest pass rush win rate since 2017. Bosa was 1/40 against Darrisaw. 

It's continuity. Continuity is good. Bradbury has improved each season. Ingram improved steadily over the course of last season. And he's doing it again this season, but from a higher starting point. He's now easily a top half guard. The tackles are simply the best bookends in football. Keep 'em together. I think the line we saw last night is the starting line next year. 

But thank you for mentioning that the line had improved before Risner. The TWIT-o-sphere is full of folks saying Risner made all the difference. LOL. But that wasn't nearly as mind-numbingly stupid as this....

I like how KOC used CJ Ham alot in 2nd half. His pass pro was top notch.  

Ingram is taking steps and moves people in the run game. Risner has his head on a swivel in pass pro and looks for work. Bradbury looks improved. 

Darrisaw is a Trent Williams clone.  Oneil is really good. 

Keep Kooko Chainz clean and we can play with anyone. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Agreed. Spielman drafted every one of these guys except Ingram. And Risner is only getting playing time because Cleveland is injured. I will definitely give them credit for improving the Pass Protection, but our Run game has been terrible all year. Now some of that is on Mattison who is not a Starting NFL RB but this is a ridiculous take. 

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Agreed. Spielman drafted every one of these guys except Ingram. And Risner is only getting playing time because Cleveland is injured. I will definitely give them credit for improving the Pass Protection, but our Run game has been terrible all year. Now some of that is on Mattison who is not a Starting NFL RB but this is a ridiculous take. 
A zone blocking OL is never going to be a great short yardage line. Still, the Vikings have to do something to improve that part of their game. I thought it was interesting that as bad as Mattison looked at times last night, his yards per carry was 4.9. McCaffrey, the highest paid back in the NFL and the NFL's leading rusher, had a YPC of 3.0. Vikings held the 49ers vaunted rushing attack to 45 yards. 

I'd like to see Chandler get more touches. The difference in speed between Mattison and Chandler is ridiculous. I just don't think the team trusts him in pass pro. I've also heard rumors that he has poor practice habits. 

Umm, we're still nearly last in rushing folks.  Pass protection is improved, but let's not get past ourselves here.  The interior of our line is still not strong.

Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yeah that tweet is hilarious when Spielman drafted every one of those those players except Ingram, who has been up and down. What an idiot