Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I have to choose...
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Guessing you're saying this because you want a high draft pick?

Just a reminder that Mahomes was taken 10th, Lamar Jackson 32nd, Dak Prescott 135th, and Cousins 102nd. While Wentz, Trubisky, Mayfield, Murray, Wilson and Lance were taken either 1st or 2nd. 

https://twitter.com/PurpleForTheWin/stat...05436?s=20
This is amazingly deep, Minnesota needs to choose wisely. I do believe Sanders is going to make a very good QB in the NFL, he's got those traits. I've already spoken (probably ad nauseam) about JJ McCarthy, who I really like. There's something about Drake Maye I don't like, JMO. 

Should be a fun Draft to follow next Spring.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

Just a reminder that Mahomes was taken 10th, Lamar Jackson 32nd, Dak Prescott 135th, and Cousins 102nd. While Wentz, Trubisky, Mayfield, Murray, Wilson and Lance were taken either 1st or 2nd. 

This is amazingly deep, Minnesota needs to choose wisely. I do believe Sanders is going to make a very good QB in the NFL, he's got those traits. I've already spoken (probably ad nauseam) about JJ McCarthy, who I really like. There's something about Drake Maye I don't like, JMO. 

wow, that's so deep that we may be able to trade back 20 spots and still land a good QB

Daniels from LSU? 

On that list???

I guess I don’t understand the mindset of “preferring 3 wins
over 7 or 8”.  What do you do during the
game?  Do you cheer when we screw up?  Were you happy when we lost the first 3 games
and sad when we won the last one?  How do
you know when you should stop cheering for us to lose and start cheering for us
to win?  Like I understand that if you
ignore the entire season and just skip to the end, you get a slightly better
lottery ticket for the draft, but how do you watch the games if you want them
to lose?

Quote: @medaille said:
game?  Do you cheer when we screw up?  Were you happy when we lost the first 3 games
to lose?
My approach is, I always want to see us win and play well. However if we aren't real contenders, I'm indifferent if they lose and more interested in just seeing how the young guys play. I see the benefit in moving certain assets for draft capital and higher draft positioning being beneficial from an options standpoint. Unfortunately we don't have a GM that I trust to make the right moves regardless. As a fan, thats not a fun position to be in.

Quote: @medaille said:
to lose?

Personally, I kept yelling Frank the Tank at the TV anytime the Vikings did something good or bad.  Losing to the Panthers would have been ideal as it gave us an important tie breaker between Carolina and MN.  The real challenge we'll have to figure out is how to get the Bears to beat us.
Look, its not like I want to see the home team lose.  I just know that we need to find the next special player in this coming draft and to do so, the higher the pick the better.  It doesn't have to be #1 but it does kind of sound like Williams is as close to a sure thing as there is.  I wish someone could out suck the Bears because it would be terrible to see them get the next generational QB prospect. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@medaille said:
to lose?

Personally, I kept yelling Frank the Tank at the TV anytime the Vikings did something good or bad.  Losing to the Panthers would have been ideal as it gave us an important tie breaker between Carolina and MN.  The real challenge we'll have to figure out is how to get the Bears to beat us.
Look, its not like I want to see the home team lose.  I just know that we need to find the next special player in this coming draft and to do so, the higher the pick the better.  It doesn't have to be #1 but it does kind of sound like Williams is as close to a sure thing as there is.  I wish someone could out suck the Bears because it would be terrible to see them get the next generational QB prospect. 
we dont need 1 special player,  we are about 5 or 6 short of being a legit contender, so being higher in each round is a huge plus,  and the notion of higher the better is pretty much common sense as long as you have faith in the GM and scouts to make the right selections which remains a viable talking point.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@medaille said:
to lose?

we dont need 1 special player,  we are about 5 or 6 short of being a legit contender, so being higher in each round is a huge plus,  and the notion of higher the better is pretty much common sense as long as you have faith in the GM and scouts to make the right selections which remains a viable talking point.
That's what happens when you are more interested in hiring for political narrative instead of hiring the best and most qualified candidate for the job. Just saying...

Believe it or not, a great QB, like Mahomes, makes everyone play better.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

I don't know what it is about Maye, I need to watch more of him...  but he gives me bust vibes too.

I like McCarthy a lot. I'm curious to see how these guys start to separate themselves as the season goes on.