Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Leaders: Cousins, JJetta, DHunter...trade 'em all!
Quote: @mblack said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:
If everyone wants a tear down and rebuild with the ultimate return, NOBODY should be off the table. Tear the band aid off? That's what it feels like folks...
I’d trade Jefferson for 3x 1s and some combination of 3-5 more picks with 1 or 2 being 2nds. 

Nobody is off the table and that type of haul would go a long long way in rebooting the team. 
You're admitting that you would never trade him.  That's more juice than an established elite QB. We have to abandon this myth/crutch of relying on the lone elite skill player to bail out the offense. Give me some bordering on elite O and D-linemen across the board, "reliable" receivers, RB's and corners, 2 top 10 LBers, a top 10 QB, 1 top 5 S, and depth, depth depth...  
Isnt that what seasoned GMs look for? That means no astude GM would trade for JJ and lose all the draft capital. I am not saying there isnt a team that would 
I'm saying I'd be willing to let JJ go for a lot less than (3) 1st rd. picks, (2) 2nd rd. picks and (3) lower rd. picks. I'm realistic about what teams are willing to deal for a premier WR, and what won't move the needle. I won't give JJ away, but given fair value, it could go a long way to fixing 3 or more fundamental holes by giving us draft flexibility to move up, trade back, or package picks. Tear downs suck and are no guarantee, but if you're going in, you better go in with all options open.

This is going to be unpopular...

But I still believe this team has 2 wins to-date if they didnt turn the ball over 9 friggin times in 3 games. 

That said, I'm not convinced they beat the Panthers this week. Could be staring down 0/4. 

I predicted 9 wins this year as the floor, I could be way off on that. Gotta see more play out. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

But I still believe this team has 2 wins to-date if they didnt turn the ball over 9 friggin times in 3 games. 

That said, I'm not convinced they beat the Panthers this week. Could be staring down 0/4. 

I predicted 9 wins this year as the floor, I could be way off on that. Gotta see more play out. 
Panthers defense could give us problems...  and they always seems to play us tough regardless of record.

I too think we're better than 0-3, but we've been making mistakes and turnovers at a high rate.  Not really sure what's going on there...  young dudes feeling the pressure? 

If we lose to Carolina, it'll be interesting to see what we do in the coming weeks.  Chiefs will likely be a loss and SF will be too.  We could be staring at 1-6 or 2-5 after 7 weeks and barring both the Packers and Lions going on a losing streak after they play tomorrow...  that's a big hole to climb out of...

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@purplefaithful said:

Panthers defense could give us problems...  and they always seems to play us tough regardless of record.

I too think we're better than 0-3, but we've been making mistakes and turnovers at a high rate.  Not really sure what's going on there...  young dudes feeling the pressure? 

If we lose to Carolina, it'll be interesting to see what we do in the coming weeks.  Chiefs will likely be a loss and SF will be too.  We could be staring at 1-6 or 2-5 after 7 weeks and barring both the Packers and Lions going on a losing streak after they play tomorrow...  that's a big hole to climb out of...
I think 1-6 is a real possibility. The question then becomes, what are they going to do with Kirk Cousins? Will he be open to sign for one year? Do they want him longer than that? I just don't see how they could just let him walk next season, they have NOTHING going. And what about JJ? We might have a disgruntled player there. 

Unfortunately, I see a clearer path to shit hitting the fan then the ship turning around. And by that, I mean the near future. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

You must have missed my post about the upcoming “bloodbath” match up between the 0-5 Bears Vs the 0-5 Vikings.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:
If everyone wants a tear down and rebuild with the ultimate return, NOBODY should be off the table. Tear the band aid off? That's what it feels like folks...
I’d trade Jefferson for 3x 1s and some combination of 3-5 more picks with 1 or 2 being 2nds. 

Nobody is off the table and that type of haul would go a long long way in rebooting the team. 
You're admitting that you would never trade him.  That's more juice than an established elite QB. We have to abandon this myth/crutch of relying on the lone elite skill player to bail out the offense. Give me some bordering on elite O and D-linemen across the board, "reliable" receivers, RB's and corners, 2 top 10 LBers, a top 10 QB, 1 top 5 S, and depth, depth depth...  

You need premiere players to put butts in the seats.  JJ is pretty much it as far as exciting on the Vikings goes now days.  So a king's ransom is as low as I'd go.  SF traded 3x #1s just a few years ago for a draft pick.  We're giving a sure thing. 

Davante Adams was traded to the Raiders for a 1st and a 2nd. If you think a team is going to give up 3 #1's plus additional picks, for JJ I got nuthin for ya. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:

You need premiere players to put butts in the seats.  JJ is pretty much it as far as exciting on the Vikings goes now days.  So a king's ransom is as low as I'd go.  SF traded 3x #1s just a few years ago for a draft pick.  We're giving a sure thing. 
SFran was also targeting a QB,  the most coveted position in the game,  JJ is a top receiver in the league, but you are talking about a position where 1-10 are not typically a huge spread in production,  while QB there are only maybe 2 or 3 at any given time that  fit that "top" term.   A great QB can do a lot more to affect a game than a top WR IMO and is why you wont get that kind of haul IMO.  I recognize potential vs proven, but you are also needing to factor in that JJ is really  close to needing a contract that will likely pay him as much as some QBs are making,  so that is knock against his potential return.

"The important thing is to trade away every single productive player on the team in order to stockpile crapshoot college kids with no pro experience!"

(seriously, that's the armchair GM message of the last few years, and possibly the most vacuous babble on the internet)

Quote: @Zanary said:
"The important thing is to trade away every single productive player on the team in order to stockpile crapshoot college kids with no pro experience!"

(seriously, that's the armchair GM message of the last few years, and possibly the most vacuous babble on the internet)
No,  the most common perspective on those wanting to rebuild is to look at a realistic time line for a rebuild and move players that will be out of their prime by the time that rebuild is complete.  Players that will likely still be contributing wouldn't need to be replaced and by moving them you just create a longer time line to get to competitive again.   I would guess right now that we are looking at 2 years of drafting and FA to get to the point of being a top tier team,  maybe more if they fuck up the draft again and or overpay free agents for what we get from them.