Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBs Who Can Put Their Team On Their Back
Rogers and Brady are the best QB's in the league imo.

Then second tier would be Brees, Big Ben, Matty Ice and maybe even Russel Wilson?

The up and comer imo is J.Winston...

Can can I get a few "fuck Troy Aikman" up in here?

cmon y'all. Hook me up

Quote:  @Wetlander said:
@Canthony said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
I'll say this: nobody in the last 15+ years has been a more elite QB with the worst offensive line than Aaron Rodgers. You can bake muffins, pull them out of the oven and let them cool with all the time Tom Brady has. Big Ben is a horse, love that guy, and he's also had a few shitty offensive lines to deal with. 
Wait a minute...  You're saying Rodgers has had a bad offensive line the majority of his career?  I would strongly disagree with that.
The Packers offensive lines have not been good.
I wont dig too deep but these are just the last 7 years
2009- 32nd
2010- 19
2011- 21
2012- 31
2013- 24
2014- 10
2015- 28
2016- 16

Where did you get these rankings from?  Bleacher Report?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&tabSeq=2
NFL.com, sparky Wink

Quote: @Canthony said:
 @Wetlander said:
@Canthony said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
I'll say this: nobody in the last 15+ years has been a more elite QB with the worst offensive line than Aaron Rodgers. You can bake muffins, pull them out of the oven and let them cool with all the time Tom Brady has. Big Ben is a horse, love that guy, and he's also had a few shitty offensive lines to deal with. 
Wait a minute...  You're saying Rodgers has had a bad offensive line the majority of his career?  I would strongly disagree with that.
The Packers offensive lines have not been good.
I wont dig too deep but these are just the last 7 years
2009- 32nd
2010- 19
2011- 21
2012- 31
2013- 24
2014- 10
2015- 28
2016- 16

Where did you get these rankings from?  Bleacher Report?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&tabSeq=2
NFL.com, sparky Wink

You're ranking offensive lines by the number of sacks given up in a season?  LOL...

No, it involves everything including rushing stats as well.
Wet, there lines have been awful and not sure how you can say they haven't. I even brought facts and stats and I admit I sometimes just spout out from the mouth without researching

I just went to the website and pasted the link. I believe when I looked it was all involved. I could be wrong

Quote: @Canthony said:
No, it involves everything including rushing stats as well.
Wet, there lines have been awful and not sure how you can say they haven't. I even brought facts and stats and I admit I sometimes just spout out from the mouth without researching
It was sorted by sacks given up to get the rankings you provided.  It didn't account for the rushing statistics...
What I find it funny is that the narrative has suddenly changed for this conversation.  In year's past, many fans (including you, Sticky) have raved about the Packers ability to field a good offensive line just about every year and find OL starters later in the draft.
So Chad Clifton (2-time Pro Bowler), Scott Wells (1-time Pro Bowler), and Mark Tauscher (10-year starter) weren't good players?  These guys anchored the Packers offensive line for years early in Rodgers career.
What about T.J. Lang (1-time Pro Bowler) and Josh Sitton (4 time Pro Bowler, First-team All Pro, and 2 time Second-team All-Pro)?  These guys have been very good starters since 2009 for GB up until this past season when Sitton went to Chicago and T.J. Lang just signed with the Lions this offseason.
What about David Bahktiari?  He's been Second-team All Pro and went to a Pro Bowl this past season after signing a huge contract extension.  He's been a damn good player for them since he started as a rookie in 2013.
Corey Linsley?  Was named to the Pro Football Weekly's All-Rookie Team and has been a good starter for them since his rookie season.
I guess I fail to see where they've sucked so bad along their offensive line during Aaron Rodgers career?  He's had two Pro Bowlers at LT his entire career...  two Pro Bowl caliber guards for the majority of his career (Sitton became a starter in 2009 and Lang was 2011), a Pro Bowl Center for the first half of his career and a good starter in Linsley the second half of his career...  and two above average RTs in Tauscher and Bulaga the majority of his career? 
I guess I'm failing to see where these shitty players are along the Packers offensive line that made it so bad from 2008-2016?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/qb-sacked-pct

Middle of the pack in 2016, bottom third in 2015...if he wasn't a freaking Houdini back there, choose numbers would probably be far worse...