Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The manufactured outrage of sports today
Unreal. Is this the kind of stuff it takes to get your football team ready, lol? What a bunch of sensitive babies. Ohio State HC bitches about the disrespect from Lou Holtz....Washington State HC whines about what Lee Corso said on ESPN.....Deion Sanders doing the disrespect card weekly, etc. What the hell is happening today with this shit? I very deeply understand that I have aged out of the target demo for collegiate/professional sports as I find this kind of stuff so f-ing ridiculous. I'm scrolling through the sports websites this morning, getting caught up on the game scores and recaps and all I see are quotes from CFB HC bitching and complaining about some kind of 'disrespect' they got from some source. Players holding up signs afterward saying, '(insert team name here) against the World'. Please. 

Old man rant done, back to my pudding. 

WHAT!?!?  how dare you insinuate that their struggles aren't real?  Your lack of understanding the situation is exactly why these situations exist. 

What kind of pudding?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
WHAT!?!?  how dare you insinuate that their struggles aren't real?  Your lack of understanding the situation is exactly why these situations exist. 

What kind of pudding?
What's so funny and spot-on is that I'm sure in some part of the Twitterverse, I'm racist for that take. And maybe homophobic for some reason.  :p 

Tapioca. 

[Image: old-man-briarpatch.gif]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:

What kind of pudding?
What's so funny and spot-on is that I'm sure in some part of the Twitterverse, I'm racist for that take. And maybe homophobic for some reason.  :p 

Tapioca. 

[Image: old-man-briarpatch.gif]
I was going to go there,   but we have a few here that wouldn't have seen the sarcasm.  So I kept it benign.

I used to love tapioca pudding,  I would dip Twix into it,  or grandmas chocolate cookies.  Its really quite amazing I dont have diabetes from the way I ate in high school alone.

Rice pudding guy myself...

Those CFB guys (NFL too) get so worked up at times, its reminiscent of WWE. 

p.s. So my pudding comment was actually metaphorical/figurative in old man = pudding eater. But now I want some!  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
p.s. So my pudding comment was actually metaphorical/figurative in old man = pudding eater. But now I want some!  :p
Figured as much,   but it was a fun distraction from the fake rage wasnt it? Wink

It is ridiculous. But it's not just sports. Manufactured outrage is BIG business. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Oh you guys...bread pudding with a bourbon / brown sugar glaze.  Now you're making me hungry

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
@purplefaithful said:

Oh you guys...bread pudding with a bourbon / brown sugar glaze.  Now you're making me hungry
Screw the pudding,  lets just drink the bourbon!!!