Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record Deal on the Table for JJ?
I think where things could get muddy is the farther the
Vikings let the season go, the less injury risk there is allowing Cousins to test the FA
waters and drive up his price.  I think the Vikings are pretty
well suited to win a FA competition than most other teams, as I do think we’re
both a great fit for his lifestyle and we have the players and scheme to make
him look good and his family has probably put down some amount of roots, but if
some other team is in the mix and starts offering $10M more a year or an extra
year of guaranteed money, then I think all bets are off.

Quote: @medaille said:
I think where things could get muddy is the farther the
Vikings let the season go, the less injury risk there is allowing Cousins to test the FA
waters and drive up his price.  I think the Vikings are pretty
well suited to win a FA competition than most other teams, as I do think we’re
both a great fit for his lifestyle and we have the players and scheme to make
him look good and his family has probably put down some amount of roots, but if
some other team is in the mix and starts offering $10M more a year or an extra
year of guaranteed money, then I think all bets are off.
dont forget the taxes,  i was listening to an agent talk on some program and he flat out said,  states that have a personal income tax have a huge strike against them and that no matter what is said publicly about facilities, location, etc..... its about the money in the pocket at the end of the day,  and if the state takes a big cut,  that is a big hurdle to overcome in many negotiations.  

Heard this morning they are putting things in hold until after the season.  Couldn't come to terms on the guarantee portion.

https://youtu.be/wsv-7VySnrY?si=uwvc1Qa2SbtB67-_

Thought this was interesting. Florio stating he believed that if the Vikings did not sign Jefferson prior to week 1, they were going to use him as trade bait to move up in the draft next year for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye and he's more tradable on a rookie contract. 

How many of ya'll on board with that one if it happens?

No!

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

Thought this was interesting. Florio stating he believed that if the Vikings did not sign Jefferson prior to week 1, they were going to use him as trade bait to move up in the draft next year for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye and he's more tradable on a rookie contract. 

I think you're right.

Except it won't be Kwesi's "idea".

Rather it'll be JJ saying he doesn't want to be in Minnesota.   SEE S.Diggs

Why? 

Simple Wilfs' are great at making money, but they suck at building Superbowl contenders.  

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

No, this is even dumber than the moronic Cousins trade ideas we endured all year. It would just never happen. If that smug stinkweasel Florio thinks any GM is going to trade away the NFL's best offensive weapon for an unknown he's even stupider than he looks. 

Yeah… no. If a team at 1 or 2 is willing to move back, I’d much rather see the Vikings trade the farm and then some with picks than to trade JJ.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

No, this is even dumber than the moronic Cousins trade ideas we endured all year. It would just never happen. If that smug stinkweasel Florio thinks any GM is going to trade away the NFL's best offensive weapon for an unknown he's even stupider than he looks. 
None of these sports media entities cares if anything makes sense.....is it ridiculously dramatic? Will it get the 'tards all worked up with clicks and views? 

Never trade 1 in the hand for 2 in the bush.