Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is gross
https://twitter.com/vikingzfanpage/statu...8410461332

Cine and Booth especially disappointing.

Curious if the Vikings make a change at RG and put in Brandel.  Ingram didn't play as poorly as the rage-o-sphere makes it sound, but he did make a handful of glaring mistakes. 

What's interesting to is that it looked like the Vikings new protection scheme seemed to work OK at times. They were bunching up the interior rush fairly well. It's just that Tampa always had a free runner either from the outside or one that looped around the stack up the middle. It's like they knew exactly what we were going to do and had an answer for it. 

Not sure about Asamoah. 1st series was Hicks and the big nickel. 2nd series was Hicks and Pace. 3rd series was Asamoah and Hicks. Asamoah blew a coverage, then made a tackle on White at the line of scrimmage. He never saw the field again. So either he re-aggravated the shoulder or he was benched for the blown coverage. 

I hope we get to see more of Chandler as the season wears on. 

Cine is the biggest bummer to me considering I’ve already thrown in the towel on Booth. Evans looks good but otherwise yeah the 2022 class is mostly dreadful. Maybe it’ll look better as the season rolls along but that’s just blind optimism at this point.

I really thought with Cine’s background and profile he would be a playmaker but hard to do that when you’ve been hurt and are buried on the depth chart. Maybe I was wrong and he’s just not that good. Surprising, but I’ve been wrong many times before. 

I mean we just signed Mettelus to an extension and Bynum was probably our best player Sunday and isn't going anywhere. The Cine pick looks more idiotic every day..

But seriously you want to know why this team is lacking quality depth, look no further than this draft 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I mean we just signed Mettelus to an extension and Bynum was probably our best player Sunday and isn't going anywhere. The Cine pick looks more idiotic every day..

But seriously you want to know why this team is lacking quality depth, look no further than this draft 
[Image: maybe-ehhh.gif]

Quote: @supafreak84 said:

one draft /offseason doesnt sink a roster,  we have been doing things prior to that draft that has led up to where things are today.  We have over a decade of IOL problems,  that cant be put on KAM.  Our IDL has been suspect for about 8 years nows,  thats not all on KAM,  defensive backfield too.  This teams overall talent level has been on a decline for a long time, one or two drafts isnt going to turn that around,  although he hasnt done anything to improve the matter,  the blame isnt solely his.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

one draft /offseason doesnt sink a roster,  we have been doing things prior to that draft that has led up to where things are today.  We have over a decade of IOL problems,  that cant be put on KAM.  Our IDL has been suspect for about 8 years nows,  thats not all on KAM,  defensive backfield too.  This teams overall talent level has been on a decline for a long time, one or two drafts isnt going to turn that around,  although he hasnt done anything to improve the matter,  the blame isnt solely his.
This. But last year's draft looks like hot dog shit. Sigh. 

@supafreak84 said:

I agree to an extent, and we don't know what kind of mandate he's been saddled with by the Wilfs which has hindered his ability to do things. What I do know is it was unwise to transition to a 3-4, his drafts have not been good (also taking draft trades into consideration),  and the money allotment and where they've chosen to invest is questionable. 

But not getting meaningful contributions out of 8 draft picks last year has really decimated the roster from a talent and depth standpoint. 

I did notice the awesome play Nailor made as the punt coverage gunner.  He timed it perfectly.  AT made his mark on ST before he became the Viking's star receiver, so who knows how Nailor's career will go.

@supafreak84 said:

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

This. But last year's draft looks like hot dog shit. Sigh. 

Yah, its both right now...