Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr Greenway is not holding back...
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
Surprised Greenway would make such a non-classy statement, he can give his view of the current defense without taking a cheap shot at Frazier for something that happened years ago.  Ironically Frazier is one of the most professional and classy guys to coach in the NFL, Chad should take note as he comes off like a total loser who has been holding onto a grudge for years.  
Truth hurts.  He didn’t say Frazier was an ahole or anything.  Just that his version of defense allows you to get dink and dunked to death. 
I don't think there's one right way to play defense. If there were, everyone would be doing the same thing. The attackers generate big plays and are often victimized by their aggressiveness as well. The sit backers force offenses to play mistake free but they're on the field a lot. 

What will we get from Flores? Only one thing I know for certain is that we'll be fun to watch. A series of oh yeahs and oh fucks. I do like that certain defensive players seems to be well suited to Flores style. Pace, Asamoah, Cine, Harry and Murphy in particular. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
Surprised Greenway would make such a non-classy statement, he can give his view of the current defense without taking a cheap shot at Frazier for something that happened years ago.  Ironically Frazier is one of the most professional and classy guys to coach in the NFL, Chad should take note as he comes off like a total loser who has been holding onto a grudge for years.  
Truth hurts.  He didn’t say Frazier was an ahole or anything.  Just that his version of defense allows you to get dink and dunked to death. 
I don't think there's one right way to play defense. If there were, everyone would be doing the same thing. The attackers generate big plays and are often victimized by their aggressiveness as well. The sit backers force offenses to play mistake free but they're on the field a lot. 

What will we get from Flores? Only one thing I know for certain is that we'll be fun to watch. A series of oh yeahs and oh fucks. I do like that certain defensive players seems to be well suited to Flores style. Pace, Asamoah, Cine, Harry and Murphy in particular. 

The game has always been situational football and 1:1 match-ups. The former gets all the headlines these days

Fans can get too caught up on 3/4 vs 4/3 vs 4/6 etc..I'm guilty of it too 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
Agreed. Why is this so 'disrespectful'?? I swear, there isn't anything that can't be manufactured outrage on the Internet.
Greenway retired SEVEN years ago, Leslie Frazier hasn't coached here in TEN years, what is the relevancy of this years defense to TEN years ago.  I could see making a comment about how our CBs played way off the ball last year and this year they will be more attacking, BUT there is no relationship to Frazier and this team.  It is obviously some old hard feelings that Greenway has that he has been hanging onto.  Totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion.  But yeah because it is Greenway he can do no wrong so let's just chalk it up to a societal issue.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
Agreed. Why is this so 'disrespectful'?? I swear, there isn't anything that can't be manufactured outrage on the Internet.
Greenway retired SEVEN years ago, Leslie Frazier hasn't coached here in TEN years, what is the relevancy of this years defense to TEN years ago.  I could see making a comment about how our CBs played way off the ball last year and this year they will be more attacking, BUT there is no relationship to Frazier and this team.  It is obviously some old hard feelings that Greenway has that he has been hanging onto.  Totally uncalled for and unprofessional in my opinion.  But yeah because it is Greenway he can do no wrong so let's just chalk it up to a societal issue.  
I play when I wanna play.....What was the content of the comment?  You are getting what is likely a snippet of a conversation and are likely reading more harm into it than what was intended.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:

The cover 2 had its time.  It was about taking away the deep shots, making offenses work their way methodically down the field and being ready to capitalize on mistakes.  It built in response to the offensive schemes of that time.  But as football goes, the offenses were designed to take apart the cover 2 zone schemes.