Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most interesting story line for me...
Gotta be Rogers and The Jets...

Anything less than a Lombardi and it cant be rated a success. 

So reminiscent of 09 Vikings to me. 

Can they really get past the gauntlet: Bengals/Chiefs/Bills/Chargers?

I have my doubts. I dont think the gods love the Jets enough for it to happen. 

If Rodgers can get injured half way through the season the Fudge don’t get a first. 

I hate to root for injuries……but it is the pack and FTP. 

Unless we are playing Rodgers, I ignore anything that has to do with the drama queen.  Could care less about them, he is not the same player he use to be and thing all the hype is so over the top.  They are the 3rd best team in their division at best, would be surprised to see them go .500.  

There's some nice talent on that offense now with Rodgers, Wilson, Cook and Hall. But they have to hope and pray that Garrett Wilson stays healthy, because after him, there's nothing.

You want to appreciate the Vikings depth at receiver, look at this....

Jets: Garrett Wilson, Allen Lazard, Mecole Hardman, Randall Cobb

[Image: throw-up-emoji-green-face-vomit-5b1gyuse2mg5x04b.gif]

For me, I don't know if its the MOST interesting story line but one I'm definitely interested in keeping an eye on. Rodgers is beyond giddy, I've never seen the dude smile as much as he has since he became a Jet.

What the Jets did is becoming a trendy model for a winning a championship. 

Drafting a guy like Mahomes is a once in a generation thing and no team should expect to get that kind of return. More often than not, you end up with a Wilson or a Lance or a Murray or a Mayfield or a Trubisky or a Wentz. Instead, use the draft to build your trenches, build the defense, add a few weapons, then bring in a proven, veteran QB to make it all work. It's what Tampa did. It's what the Rams did. I think the Jets are now a legit contender. 

I hate to even say it, but my fear is that this is what will happen with Cousins if we let him go in the next couple years. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
What the Jets did is becoming a trendy model for a winning a championship. 

Drafting a guy like Mahomes is a once in a generation thing and no team should expect to get that kind of return. More often than not, you end up with a Wilson or a Lance or a Murray or a Mayfield or a Trubisky or a Wentz. Instead, use the draft to build your trenches, build the defense, add a few weapons, then bring in a proven, veteran QB to make it all work. It's what Tampa did. It's what the Rams did. I think the Jets are now a legit contender. 

I hate to even say it, but my fear is that this is what will happen with Cousins if we let him go in the next couple years. 
Not only is Mahomes a step above in talent, but the right org/coach/system drafted him and put up a good enough surround to be NFL Champions. 

I love Reid and the Chiefs and in spite of massive talent, I dont know if Mahomes would have thrived this much elsewhere. 

As far as drafting QB's, I think you still have to take your shots. I'd have loved the Seahawks version of Russ Wilson or Allen or Burrows and a few others too. 

And of course you gotta get a little lucky; which is not a term I associate with the Vikings @ QB. 

I couldn't care less about Rodgers.  At this point of his career he is an overrated prima donna.  Two things are guarantied to happen with his career as a Jet.  If they are successful it will all be because of Rodgers and nobody else.  If they stink it will be because Rodgers will have some mystery injury that didn't allow him to play his best.