Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Jaren Hall analysis
Quote: @comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
Some good analysis of Hall.  I just noticed on the int that the Cardinals defender tackled his own man as he was trying to take off lol.  So very Cardinals.

This was good, thanks for posting.  JTOS points out many progression reads I didn't notice watching the game. No huge surprise there. He points out both good and bad and while Hall has a long way to go, there are definitely reasons to be hopeful, especially considering how much he improved from game one to three. 
Hall seems like he has the processor upstairs that can go full NFL speed, which is really critical - many guys get hyped off physical traits then get drafted high and go bust because they don't have it.   I felt that way about Justin Fields, for example, before he was drafted.  Dig up JTOS's recent vid on Fields 3rd preseason game and you'll see the issue on full display.  

I too was impressed with Hall's work in the pocket on that review, he's got more going on than I realized.   Not sure what was up with the deep ball that landed so far off the mark.    I still like the upside, but the unfortunate thing is he won't play again until next August and the playing reps are where development really happens for a kid like him.  You could see him progress from game to game this month, which is a good thing.

He completely anticipated contact on that deep flutter ball.  The LG was getting pushed into his space and so he didn't step into it.   JTOS mentions that this was unacceptable, but IMO it was just another point he needs to work on.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
Some good analysis of Hall.  I just noticed on the int that the Cardinals defender tackled his own man as he was trying to take off lol.  So very Cardinals.

This was good, thanks for posting.  JTOS points out many progression reads I didn't notice watching the game. No huge surprise there. He points out both good and bad and while Hall has a long way to go, there are definitely reasons to be hopeful, especially considering how much he improved from game one to three. 
Was going to ask if you noticed that?  He went to his 3rd or 4th read on one play.  So lots to be hopeful for as he sits and learns.
Yes, I was happy he pointed that out because there are starting QBs who still struggle with progressions (Jones, Fields). I think it's the one thing that can separate those who make it and those who don't. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:

Was going to ask if you noticed that?  He went to his 3rd or 4th read on one play.  So lots to be hopeful for as he sits and learns.
Yes, I was happy he pointed that out because there are starting QBs who still struggle with progressions (Jones, Fields). I think it's the one thing that can separate those who make it and those who don't. 
Yup.  There is a minimum physical talent threshold in the NFL, but beyond that it is about the talent between the ears.  See Tom Brady.