Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vederian lowe
Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Either they prefer Udoh over Lowe or no team was giving up a pick for Udoh.
Udoh has been awful this preseason. I just watched the game against the Cardinals and he gave up a ton of pressures and we had to burn a timeout when he ran onto the field late on a field goal attempt. I thought he'd get cut for sure. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Knucklehead said:
Udoh has been awful this preseason. I just watched the game against the Cardinals and he gave up a ton of pressures and we had to burn a timeout when he ran onto the field late on a field goal attempt. I thought he'd get cut for sure. 
Yeah, he does need to go.  Should of traded Udoh to the Patriots instead of Lowe...

Udoh was awful this pre-season, against non-starters too. 

Somehow he doesnt do too bad in spot/emergency duty in the regular season. I'm ok with him in that role. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Knucklehead said:
do we know that he was running out there for his own mistake,  or was he simply trying to save the team a TO?  those preseason games are a cluster phuk and especially the final one where they are basically throwing people in all over just to cover open spots.  IIRC we saw a LB playing safety in that game as well.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Somehow he doesnt do too bad in spot/emergency duty in the regular season. I'm ok with him in that role. 
I think the bottom line is versatility. Both Udoh and Brandel have played both left tackle, right tackle and both guard spots as well. I think Lowe was LT only. This allows the Vikings to keep fewer OLs since they may want to go over budget elsewhere, like at WR.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@Knucklehead said:
do we know that he was running out there for his own mistake,  or was he simply trying to save the team a TO?  those preseason games are a cluster phuk and especially the final one where they are basically throwing people in all over just to cover open spots.  IIRC we saw a LB playing safety in that game as well.
Don't know, just thought if it was his mistake on top of the pressures he's given up all preseason, that it was a bad look

I think we're getting our panties in a knot about something that frankly doesn't matter.  So we traded a 6th rounder for a 6th rounder.  I'd guess he wasn't making the roster if we were willing to trade him. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I think we're getting our panties in a knot about something that frankly doesn't matter.  So we traded a 6th rounder for a 6th rounder.  I'd guess he wasn't making the roster if we were willing to trade him. 
Agreed, it may be curious (but obviously not to the Vikings) but its really a low level thing. 

Udoh proved himself last year.  Brandel is capable.  i like our line depth. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think the bottom line is versatility. Both Udoh and Brandel have played both left tackle, right tackle and both guard spots as well. I think Lowe was LT only. This allows the Vikings to keep fewer OLs since they may want to go over budget elsewhere, like at WR.
If we have to play Udoh at LT or either guard spot we are done.  He has been pedestrian the last couple of years and really thought he would have been cut last season.  I think Lowe has more upside than Udoh and they got rid of the wrong tackle.