Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ear Infection: TJH
So Hock needs a new contract.....and JJ.....and Darrisaw soon. Where's the cap room coming from? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So Hock needs a new contract.....and JJ.....and Darrisaw soon. Where's the cap room coming from? 

Haven't you heard? We're replacing Kirko with Trey Lance :p

Minnesota sports media. More drama than a telemundo soap opera. No proof. Absolute random speculation to generate clicks.

O'Neil
Nobody worth paying on D besides Hunter
Cleveland
Dirty Harry after this season

TJH is going to be a needed weapon for some young gun QB in the next 2 seasons - gotta keep him along with JJ and Darrisaw. 

Technically, Hock is signed through 2023. If the Vikings want to extend him this year, there's plenty of cap room to do so. And if you include the 5th year options--which neither will likely see--JJ is signed through 2024 and Darrisaw through 2025, when the Vikings will have roughly $50M and $150M respectively. Yes, I'm aware that these numbers don't include a QB or any edge rushers, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Technically, Hock is signed through 2023. If the Vikings want to extend him this year, there's plenty of cap room to do so. And if you include the 5th year options--which neither will likely see--JJ is signed through 2024 and Darrisaw through 2025, when the Vikings will have roughly $50M and $150M respectively. Yes, I'm aware that these numbers don't include a QB or any edge rushers, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 
Oh, you mean those little issues?? lol. 

@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Oh, you mean those little issues?? lol. 
They're not little, but they're not urgent. Those decisions will be the biggest decisions this team will make in the next couple years. But there's time and money to do so. 

I honestly don't know why we're dragging our feet signing Hockenson.  It ain't the Wilfs holding this up, they've shown they are willing to spend upfront cash on extensions.  Is it Kwesi trying to get Hock to sign a short extension to live in today and tomorrow like he so eloquently says?

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I honestly don't know why we're dragging our feet signing Hockenson.  It ain't the Wilfs holding this up, they've shown they are willing to spend upfront cash on extensions.  Is it Kwesi trying to get Hock to sign a short extension to live in today and tomorrow like he so eloquently says?
Of course when all other things sound crazy lets just blame it on Kwesi.  Everything about this is all speculation.  Doogie thinking he has a scoop and announcing on Skor North to get listeners.  It's all about the clicks like wivike said.  The Twins just lost two games to the Brewers when the bullpen exploded, rumor was Kwesi had something to do with it.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I think it's clear they want to sign him. And based on what Kwesi has said, they want to sign him long term. I suspect the Vikings want him for top 4 or 5 money and Hockenson's camp wants top 1 or 2 money. I don't think either position is overly extreme, but this could drag out a while. I just hope he doesn't skip regular season games until it's resolved. Vikings could tag him, but I doubt either side wants that.