Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings get Baker
Bucs name Baker Mayfield starting QB against Vikings. Their defense will be a load, but our defense gets what should be one of their easier matchups.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1693997535411720250?s=20

Unleash the hounds. LFG!

[Image: ut8e8ybv1qel.gif]

I hope we trounce them, but I also kinda wanted Mayfield as a potential Cousins successor in the event he's actually ogne after 2023.  He's got the tools, the basic charisma, and has had a huge period of humility.

My fear is that our Defense gives him a "career day"   Ugh.
C'mon BFlo...make that not happen!!

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
My fear is that our Defense gives him a "career day"   Ugh.
C'mon BFlo...make that not happen!!
Tampa is going to be a challenge. A lot of people think they are going to be bad this year, but if you look at their depth chart they have a lot of good players and they are getting some key guys back from injury. 

I have a feeling that given little tape early in the season that the First game could be win similar to the game against GB to start last year. Of course that Thursday night in Philly is gonna be ugly.

Mayfield has moments he can play well and the Viking's D is exactly the type where he probably will. Now I say that comparing LAST year's D.....if Flores brings the heat, like we think he will, then Mayfield will be performing like bad Baker. He'll make plenty of mistakes under pressure. But I need to see what the new D under Flores will look like first.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Mayfield has moments he can play well and the Viking's D is exactly the type where he probably will. Now I say that comparing LAST year's D.....if Flores brings the heat, like we think he will, then Mayfield will be performing like bad Baker. He'll make plenty of mistakes under pressure. But I need to see what the new D under Flores will look like first.
I think we played to slow on D the last few years and teams with more mobile QBs were able to exploit that,   I think this years D this far has shown to fly to the ball quicker and should be better equipped to shut down those more mobile types of QBs that do their damage out of the pocket. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Flores is gonna bring the heat. You can count on that. And he has the personnel for it too in Harry, Murphy, Pace and Asamoah. 

Mayfield started out as one of the worst QBs in the NFL against the blitz, but he improved over time. If he can call out the right protections he can have a pretty good day. I suspect it will be a mix of big plays on both sides. 

My hope is that we can get an early lead so we can save some of the more exotic blitz packages for Hurts the following week.