Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ear Infection: TJH
Quote: @RS Express said:
@1VikesFan said:
Definitely understandable why it's taking so long to get back on the field. I have a history of ear infections and they can be a bitch. 
Same here.  Apparently I have oddly shaped ear canals, so as a kid I could get an ear infection just from taking a shower. Had to wash my hair while avoiding getting water in my ears. At one point both eardrums were both collapsed and perforated. At 16 had a mastoid operation on my left ear (think ear infection on steroids).  While my hearing isn't quite normal, I'd say I'm lucky that today I'm not walking around yelling "What?!?" at everybody.

I had a real bad one in college and waited to long to get antibiotics.  So now my left ear is pretty bad on the high range.  I just nod my head alot in noisy conversations.

The Pioneer Press is reporting the holdup on extension talks is the amount of guaranteed money Hockenson wants and the Wilfs, fresh off spending 400+ million on a major league soccer franchise a couple years ago have now become stingy with paying out guaranteed cash because they simply don't have it. This also might be behind the competitive rebuild and slashing salary..

Let me guess, it was a little birdy, right!?  Wink B)  

Quote: @Kentis said:
Let me guess, it was a little birdy, right!?  Wink B)  
Charley Walters

Wonder why the Wilfs bought a 400 million plus soccer franchise?  Are soccer games that well attended?  Seems to be a poor payback option but I could be wrong.  Have to pay me to go to a game + lots o suds during the game...

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Wonder why the Wilfs bought a 400 million plus soccer franchise?  Are soccer games that well attended?  Seems to be a poor payback option but I could be wrong.  Have to pay me to go to a game + lots o suds during the game...

When your’e worth a combined 5+ billion, your’re looking for new ways to make more obscene money, I guess…!  Wink :p  

Yeah the article is basically that some people connected to the organization are speculating that because the Wilfs have spread out their assets by buying this soccer team, that they don't have as much money to put towards the Vikings. I don't know that I believe that but it would make some sense 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@IDVikingfan said:

When your’e worth a combined 5+ billion, your’re looking for new ways to make more obscene money, I guess…!  Wink :p  
LOL, I would guess beer sales are very high at soccer games, can probably charge $25 per beer due to attendee boredom...

Hockenson, 26, this season is under contract for $9.4 million. A new deal could be worth $15 million a season.The Vikings, though, have leverage in negotiations — they can put a franchise tag on Hockenson for a relatively affordable $12 million for next year if they can’t reach an agreement. Franchising Hockenson essentially would take him off the free agent market because another team signing him would cost two first-round draft picks, and no team is going to do that for a tight end, no matter how productive.
— The Vikings now are worth $4.43 billion, an increase of 19 percent from last year, ranking No. 20 among the NFL’s 32 franchises, per sportico.com.
https://www.twincities.com/2023/08/19/charley-walters-vikings-talks-with-hockenson-could-get-tricky/

lol, too funny. Heard a rumor that Zygi was out panhandling for change outside a Starbucks in Eagan. The rumor is so stupid it doesn't deserve any energy whatsoever.