Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingram
is Risner going to be signed now?

ingram started last night and played several series apparently struggling against Seahawk backups.

would rather see this than Hunt.

Skor North reported that Risner would like to be a Viking but would eventually have to look elsewhere.  More or less he is in a holding pattern.

I think Risner is waiting for that key training camp injury to maximize his money. He'll get signed by someone but probably not until then.

I didn't even notice Ingram played, but it's been reported he played two series and one play in particular where he didn't really get beat, but just let his man go, as if he were expecting inside help that wasn't there. Mental mistake by either Ingram or Schlottmann that almost got their QB killed. Luke Braun gets into it...

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...76481?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think Risner is waiting for that key training camp injury to maximize his money. He'll get signed by someone but probably not until then.

I didn't even notice Ingram played, but it's been reported he played two series and one play in particular where he didn't really get beat, but just let his man go, as if he were expecting inside help that wasn't there. Mental mistake by either Ingram or Schlottmann that almost got their QB killed. Luke Braun gets into it...

I can tell what is wrong even without listening to it.  Luke Braun is trying to break down tape again.

They should just sign Risner and get the guard situation stabilized...Once they cut down to the 53 man roster, then they can sign another running back if needed.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:

I can tell what is wrong even without listening to it.  Luke Braun is trying to break down tape again.
I grow weary of Braun's tape takes too. But I think he's exactly right on this one. Big mental mistake by Ingram. Bring in Risner if you have to, but that cannot continue to happen. 

Ingram's mental lapses and his pass protect is problematic. Bring Risner the F in right now. Jesus.

The Vikings neither signed a lineman in free agency nor drafted one. Only signing some camp bodies and undrafted rookies will not improve the starting group, but a current free agent could help. Dalton Risner, the former Denver Broncos guard, visited the Vikings last week, but he somehow was allowed to leave the building without a deal.
[Image: USATSI_19437504-edited-788x444.jpg]
Oct 30, 2022; Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA; Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins (8) and guard Ed Ingram (67) in action during the game against the Arizona Cardinals at U.S. Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports
Ed Ingram, meanwhile, was the only starter of the offensive line to play in the preseason, and it was a disaster. He didn’t look like a starter, not even against the Seahawks’ backups. Nick Mullens was in trouble a few times because of Ingram, and he only played a couple of drives. PFF attributed Ingram with a horrendous pass-blocking grade of 43.6.
After his catastrophic debut season, Ingram should be on a short leash. He was a second-round pick just a year ago, but his draft status isn’t enough to keep him on the field while he ruins drives for the Vikings. Protecting the pocket-passing quarterback should be the front office’s and coaching staff’s priority instead of trying to look better by forcing a high draft pick to play.

DL and IOL are still a problem just like last year.