Calvin Ridley lite?
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Can you imagine if we hit on 2 WRs in a row?
Its kind of why I chuckle just a little when I see some fans that think Osborn will beat out Addison for WR2. 

lets see if he can stay healthy for more than a minute before we crown him maybe?  KJ has proven that he can take a hit or two,  until now Addison has missed all of the offseason workouts with some sort of injury.  be nice if he can,  but its pretty early to be making any assumptions isnt it?
Really? You've already made some assumptions. Did you see the video from KOC about Addison? Looks like he's made some as well. Who's more frail looking, JJ or Addison?...lmao. The 'assumptions' being made by the head coach is that Addison is very talented....same with me. That's the only crown anyone is placing on him. I have zero idea if the guy is injury-prone or not. 

I like KJ.....but doubling down that somehow he's a more talented WRer than Addison is just wrong. And if Addison is somehow an injury-prone WRer, well there's KJ to pick up the slack. So all good. But let's not act like Addison isn't a very talented dude. 
you said you were laughing at those placing KJ ahead of him to start the season,  I am just saying maybe save your laughter until he has taken a hit or two since to date he hadnt shown anything on the field due to being injured.  Nobody was saying he wasnt talented,  just saying he appears to be of frail build and his attendance to date hadnt proven otherwise.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikin...e%20injury.
Not cool man. Not cool. 
Nobody called The Man injury prone then! lol.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Its kind of why I chuckle just a little when I see some fans that think Osborn will beat out Addison for WR2. 

lets see if he can stay healthy for more than a minute before we crown him maybe?  KJ has proven that he can take a hit or two,  until now Addison has missed all of the offseason workouts with some sort of injury.  be nice if he can,  but its pretty early to be making any assumptions isnt it?
Really? You've already made some assumptions. Did you see the video from KOC about Addison? Looks like he's made some as well. Who's more frail looking, JJ or Addison?...lmao. The 'assumptions' being made by the head coach is that Addison is very talented....same with me. That's the only crown anyone is placing on him. I have zero idea if the guy is injury-prone or not. 

I like KJ.....but doubling down that somehow he's a more talented WRer than Addison is just wrong. And if Addison is somehow an injury-prone WRer, well there's KJ to pick up the slack. So all good. But let's not act like Addison isn't a very talented dude. 
you said you were laughing at those placing KJ ahead of him to start the season,  I am just saying maybe save your laughter until he has taken a hit or two since to date he hadnt shown anything on the field due to being injured.  Nobody was saying he wasnt talented,  just saying he appears to be of frail build and his attendance to date hadnt proven otherwise.
Not cool man. Not cool. 
Damn Sticky, I think my heart stopped momentarily...lol 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Not cool man. Not cool. 
lol, wasn't my intent. My intent was to show that JJ also had a training camp injury 2 years ago and it doesn't necessarily mean the person is 'injury prone'. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Not cool man. Not cool. 
lol, wasn't my intent. My intent was to show that JJ also had a training camp injury 2 years ago and it doesn't necessarily mean the person is 'injury prone'. 
Jefferson was 25 pounds heavier when he was drafted and didnt spend the first 3 months of being a Viking in the trainers room.   and nobody has said he was prone to injury,  but more that he needs to prove something about availability before he should be crowned WR2.

@AGRforever said:

I'll bet on the veteran over the rookie every time, but in Addison I think we might have something special. Right now I think both are going to contribute heavily early on. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

I'll bet on the veteran over the rookie every time, but in Addison I think we might have something special. Right now I think both are going to contribute heavily early on. 
Even with the addition of Oliver, I think KOC will still luv him some 11 personnel.  Pecking order matters to the players, but they'll both be on the field a bunch. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Not cool man. Not cool. 
Jefferson was 25 pounds heavier when he was drafted and didnt spend the first 3 months of being a Viking in the trainers room.   and nobody has said he was prone to injury,  but more that he needs to prove something about availability before he should be crowned WR2.
Lol, he wasn't hurt for 3 months.  He missed a week of OTAs?  O'Connell said it was a day to day thing and said they were just playing it safe.  

Quite being so down on everything Vikings.  This latest argument about KJ vs Addison is dumb. I spent part of last season arguing fans should be higher on KJ than they were and now it's defending our rookie WR....

Instead of people digging their feet in, why can't they both be good?  KJ showed he's a good deep threat and can get some tough RAC.  Addison looks like Diggs-lite with his quick twitch route running where defenders can't ever seem to square him up.  I think they'll both complement JJ well and give Cousins a variety of weapons.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@1VikesFan said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Not cool man. Not cool. 
Lol, he wasn't hurt for 3 months.  He missed a week of OTAs?  O'Connell said it was a day to day thing and said they were just playing it safe.  

Quite being so down on everything Vikings.  This latest argument about KJ vs Addison is dumb. I spent part of last season arguing fans should be higher on KJ than they were and now it's defending our rookie WR....

Instead of people digging their feet in, why can't they both be good?  KJ showed he's a good deep threat and can get some tough RAC.  Addison looks like Diggs-lite with his quick twitch route running where defenders can't ever seem to square him up.  I think they'll both complement JJ well and give Cousins a variety of weapons.
Yep, I think one IS good and the other is going to be even better. That's my only point. Addison was drafted for a reason and KOC even said on Draft day they got a 'day 1 starter'. 

@Wetlander said:
Yep, I think one IS good and the other is going to be even better. That's my only point. Addison was drafted for a reason and KOC even said on Draft day they got a 'day 1 starter'. 
Steve Smith ( I can still see his "rowing the boat" TD celebration vs. the Vikes... damn that was funny) called Addison "Plug and play yesterday".

Thats quite a heap of praise & analysis from Smith...Good find

We'll see, he thinks Addison is a #1 WR in the league. 

Would be a ton of fun to have another Carter/Moss or 3 deep.