Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Risner to visit with Vikings

My guess is that they feel they need to upgrade Ingram.  Cleveland was a LT in college and started at RG his rookie year, so could see him moving over.  Think it could be a solid move to strengthen the OL. 

Don't think adding him would hurt the OL 

[Image: will-ferrell-ricky-bobby.gif]

I saw he was still available a month ago and assumed he must have an injury issue or an over valued sense of his worth.

I'm wondering if ONeill isn't as far along in his recovery as expected and it gives them the option to kick Cleveland out to RT if needed 

Hard to know yet, but our starting OGs are top 5 in allowing QB pressures (yuck). If it took the Netflix show "Quarterback" for the staff to realize Kirk was getting annihilated, that's pathetic. Risner's best strength is pass protection. Broncos let him go for a reason, seems like he got a bit worse each season. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't be an upgrade on this team. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I'm wondering if ONeill isn't as far along in his recovery as expected and it gives them the option to kick Cleveland out to RT if needed 
I think we are good at OT backups,  I see this more as an indicator of their looking for more help inside. 

Good pass protector, probably better than both our guards at that. Run blocking, not so much. Ingram, in fact, has a higher run blocking grade than Risner. 

Love to have him. He can't be too expensive at this point. But I have to say this makes me nervous. Ideally, we'd hear that Ed Ingram has been much improved in early camp practices. Does bringing Risner in signal that Ingram is continuing to make the same mistakes? 

There are a number of reasons for bringing him aboard.
https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/o...his-dalton