Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which positional group would u like to see improve b4 opener?
We have the guy who drafted Risner and coached him up.  If we don't want him, he must not be a good fit

Quote: @Skodin said:
We have the guy who drafted Risner and coached him up.  If we don't want him, he must not be a good fit
I liked Risner a lot in the draft and I do think he's a good fit, since Denver runs the same ZBS we do. Just don't think the Vikings should mess with the continuity.  Risner will land somewhere, but I'd be willing to bet Ingram has a better year. He's already a better run blocker. 

Well clearly defense overall.  I do not know if BFlo can make a big enough impact on scheme and coaching.  Hope so.  As a sub-group, I would say Defensive secondary as priority 1-a (again, scheme?) and the D-line pressure scheme (blitzing, etc) as priority 1-b.

It's defensive line and inside linebacker by a wide margin. Rumors out there that we could still pursue Ndamukong Suh, who is 36 years old. We just don't have any difference makers on that interior defensive line. I suspect our pass defense will improve but we are going to get exposed against the run this season. I'm really shocked they elected on cutting Kendricks and retaining Jordan Hicks. I really thought they'd find a way to keep Kendricks, who to me struggled last season mainly due to the overall confusion on defense and going from a defense tailor made for him in Mike Zinners 4-3, to a 3-4 where we lacked talent up front and he was routinely fighting lineman getting the second level because there was zero coverage in front. I'd be surprised if Asamoah doesn't struggle as an undersized linebacker who also would likely benefit more if there was more talent in front of him. Hicks is just a guy and nothing special.