Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bridgewater Update
Certainly got paid, is still a viable backup option but I was surprised he's out in Miami. Seemed like a good landing spot so close to home.

"Bridgewater, who was selected in the first round of the 2014 draft out of Louisville, is looking for his sixth organization in his 10-year career and his fourth team in as many seasons."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1007...from-teams

I always liked Teddy. The knee injury was unfortunate at best. At least he got to carve out a decent career as a backup.

Hope he lands somewhere this year as I believe he still has value as a high end backup.

Still only 30 years old.  Seems like he's been around foreverrrrrr.

His career at this point resembles that of Case Keenum, going from team to team to team .

He will always will be one of my favorite Vikings, one of the best all around individual to wear purple.  Think his career would have taken a much different direction if it were not for the knee injury, we had just won the division while playing in a college stadium and were coming into the season as a potential Super Bowl team going into the new stadium.  Really hope his story ends up Brad Johnson like.

Quote: @comet52 said:
His career at this point resembles that of Case Keenum, going from team to team to team .
Agreed.

There was some question  in 2018  when Minnesota decided to let both TB and Keenum walk.

5-6 years later it turns out it was indeed the right call by the Vikings.

both are victim's of circumstances and made some decent coin along the way.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@comet52 said:
Agreed.

There was some question  in 2018  when Minnesota decided to let both TB and Keenum walk.

Was it though?  We've had only moderate success and are in need of a lot of help currently ( some might call that a rebuild) and seem to be just a far away now than we would have been with either of those guys.  Yes Kirk is the better QB,  but we've regressed on D so bad would it really matter who the QB is?  We are setting up for another NICE season,  but one that once again does nothing for the trophy case.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@comet52 said:
Agreed.

Clearly. And don't forget Bradford who was also part of that mix. Teddy was never the same. Bradford was never the same. And Keenum was a mirage. 

Say what you want about Cousins, but the guy is just never hurt. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
@comet52 said:
Agreed.

Clearly. And don't forget Bradford who was also part of that mix. Teddy was never the same. Bradford was never the same. And Keenum was a mirage. 

Say what you want about Cousins, but the guy is just never hurt. 

Agreed. 

To me, there's   3 undisputable facts about Cousins  tenure as the Vikings QB over the last 5 years 

1.  He didn't get injured.

2. He has not had the benefit of continuity with an Offensive Coordinator.  (5 OC's  in 5 years)

3. Using most any statistical metric ya choose , Cousins has played behind a below average Oline  during his entire tenure as the Vikings QB.