Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule changes for this season

TNF sucks so lets throw a Friday game into the mix.

Thursday night football games suck. They should be limited to Thanksgiving or special occasions. Players hate it, most fans hate it, fantasy football dudes hate it. There's not enough rest and recovery time and most of the games are dog crap. But it's typical NFL to take something good and overextend it or ruin it in pursuit of the almighty dollar. I'm still waiting on an NFL Draft Lottery....I know it's coming 

TNF games do stink, but I watch them all.

I don’t really like that teams don’t belong to Fox or CBS anymore. Most announcers will now know about half as much. 

Bring it on. Saturate me in NFL games. 

[Image: 1648682866_93813_gif-url.gif]

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...f7zHO-k-ng&s=19
Putting a game on Black Friday will undoubtedly draw big advertising dollars. 

For me, I like football being on Sundays.  I have more intense focus on the league if it’s
concentrated.  Already any non-Vikings
MNF or TNF games, just don’t exist to me, whereas I’m causally paying attention
to the games I can’t get on TV during Sundays. 
Black Friday acts kind of like a holiday game for me, where there’s a
reasonable chance that I’m at one of my family members house and the game would
probably be on in the background, where we would actually watch commercials.  There’s also a good chance we’d be driving
during that time and would miss it completely.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Thursday night football games suck. They should be limited to Thanksgiving or special occasions. Players hate it, most fans hate it, fantasy football dudes hate it. There's not enough rest and recovery time and most of the games are dog crap. But it's typical NFL to take something good and overextend it or ruin it in pursuit of the almighty dollar. I'm still waiting on an NFL Draft Lottery....I know it's coming 

If  the 2 teams scheduled to   to play  on TNF    were both coming OFF a BYE all the issues get fixed.

It would also eliminate  the advantage of 1 team coming off a BYE playing a team that played the weekend before. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@supafreak84 said:

If  the 2 teams scheduled to   to play  on TNF    were both coming OFF a BYE all the issues get fixed.

It would also eliminate  the advantage of 1 team coming off a BYE playing a team that played the weekend before. 

Yes although that would take some fancy scheduling. To me, Thursday nights were always for college football. Friday nights were for high school football, and I liked my NFL on Sundays, Mondays, and the occasional Saturday after the college season ended. I don't need or want the NFL four nights a week when it makes for a watered down product, increases player injury risk, and are just sloppy games due to a lack of rest time and game planning. It just goes to show the NFL will do anything to make a buck, even at the expense of their own product. Like I said, I'm just waiting for the huge televised NFL Draft Lottery to come next and the ratings and marketing the NFL would get off it. I think what they've turned the draft into is a complete joke so it would be par for the course. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Putting a game on Black Friday will undoubtedly draw big advertising dollars. 
No doubt and money is all they care about