Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Legal Weed in MN - Coming Soon?
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JR44 said:
I don't drink or smoke, so I don't have a lot of knowledge of either, but the question I have with it is how you do you police those who are diving under the influence? With alcohol you can test, but to my knowledge there is no way to test for it if you were to pull someone over with suspicion.  Even though legal in CA, the law is still like the open container law with alcohol, but we have people who think they are free to smoke it while driving.  
Legit concern!

Law enforcement needs to be trained well on this.

Nobody should be toking-up and getting behind the wheel, any more so than partying at the bar with some cocktails and then driving.

Impaired driving is impaired driving regardless of the drug of choice. 

Agree. There is no proof positive way to tell if someone is driving high, only the opinion of the LEO, which I would imagine, doesn't really hold up well in court.

As someone who drinks moderately and smokes rarely, I would MUCH rather be on the highway with several people who'd had four drinks than anyone who's even just a little bit high. Still, both of them rank quite a bit higher on my list than teen drivers texting while driving. That scares the living shit out of me. 

@JR44 said:
I don't drink or smoke, so I don't have a lot of knowledge of either, but the question I have with it is how you do you police those who are diving under the influence? With alcohol you can test, but to my knowledge there is no way to test for it if you were to pull someone over with suspicion.  Even though legal in CA, the law is still like the open container law with alcohol, but we have people who think they are free to smoke it while driving.  
Legit concern!

Law enforcement needs to be trained well on this.

Nobody should be toking-up and getting behind the wheel, any more so than partying at the bar with some cocktails and then driving.

Impaired driving is impaired driving regardless of the drug of choice. 

I'm pretty sure that theory will be put to the test...

I partake in Delta 8-Delta 9 gummies, which get you right there compared to weed. I was surprised. Its legal, sold in various places, so I dismissed it. Then tried one and was like:

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952k167szbqo5t7kik708b...w.gif&ct=g]

Minnesota is poised to legalize recreational marijuana as early as this week after legislative negotiators finalized the bill and readied it for last votes in the House and Senate.A conference committee tasked with merging the House and Senate marijuana bills into one finished its work on Tuesday. Among many changes, the committee set the tax rate for cannabis products at 10%, capped home possession of marijuana flower at 2 pounds and gave cities the option of limiting the number of cannabis retailers within their limits.
While the bill would make marijuana possession and limited home-growing legal for those 21 and older this summer, it could take a year or longer until the first retail dispensary opens. The bill creates a new state agency, the Office of Cannabis Management, to oversee licensing of recreational and medical marijuana and hemp-derived products.

The state's medical marijuana providers would continue operating as normal through the end of the year during the regulatory transition. Most existing rules regarding hemp-based THC drinks and edibles would also remain in place until next July, when newly created license requirements would kick in.
The bill now heads back to the House and Senate for final passage. Both chambers already approved earlier versions of the bill last month.
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-lawmakers-finalize-marijuana-legalization-bill-final-votes-up-next-cannabis/600275311/

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I partake in Delta 8-Delta 9 gummies, which get you right there compared to weed. I was surprised. Its legal, sold in various places, so I dismissed it. Then tried one and was like:

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952k167szbqo5t7kik708b...w.gif&ct=g]
True, D-8 and D-9 are damn close to the real thing.  Almost makes rec legalization a waste of time

Now, if they really want to help out Americans, DECRIM psychedelics and start giving greater access to the academic and medical community to study the multitude of impacts that people can take advantage of, safely.

Taking recently to a person hiring for nationwide positions and the challenges that legalized pot have created is eye opening.  They are in manufacturing and are a union shop,   all employees have to be able to pass a drug test, including sales and customer service employees who dont have near the risk as a plant employee,  but as soon he brings up the drug tests that eliminates a ton of the under 35 crowd that they like to target.  I would imagine this is more common than a person would think and will only get worse with more states legalizing it.  I think the pot industry should be focused on a breathalyzer type test for thc, as current tests are too limited and make it very hard for employers to have a reasonable view on pot use.

I think if anyone is stoopid enough to drive or go to work drunk or stoned? They should be facing some pretty harsh penalties including being fired. 

I think if anyone is stoopid enough to drive or go to work drunk or stoned? They should be facing some pretty harsh penalties including being fired. 
Tje way he explained it is the problem is that the testing doesn't show if you smoked it this morning or yesterday,  so if somebody fails the test they have to let them go even though they may not have been stoned at work.  Thats why I said the pot industry needs to work on a on the spot type test like a breathalyzer is for booze. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
apparently just give each cop a bag of funyuns,  if they suspect somebody of driving stoned,  they offer them the funyuns,  if they accept then they must be stoned so you arrest them.
Now There---I don't partake of the Devils' Lettuce but still enjoy a bag of Funyuns sometimes so don't you be putting forth any entrapment clauses on me.

Quote: @Akvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
apparently just give each cop a bag of funyuns,  if they suspect somebody of driving stoned,  they offer them the funyuns,  if they accept then they must be stoned so you arrest them.
Now There---I don't partake of the Devils' Lettuce but still enjoy a bag of Funyuns sometimes so don't you be putting forth any entrapment clauses on me.
Here comes ol' Funyun breath! (nothing destroys your breath worse on Earth.....but I love them).