Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Peace Out...
They were great through Pump in '89... and total crap for the last 30+ years since. 

All of these bands with members that are old....I mean, for f#$ks sake, Steven Tyler is 75 years old. Who wants to pay money and go to a concert and see that? Seriously. Mick Jagger is almost 80, lol, still 'singing'. It's garbage. Jagger said back in the day to put a bullet in his head if he was still touring in his 40s.....lmao. What these guys find out is they either need the money or can't be without the attention. And they don't know how to do anything else. 

Keep on trucking', good for you guys still rockin'.......but no way I'll put one dime down to see 79 year old Mick Jagger 'sing'. I don't want to even watch it for free on YouTube. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
All of these bands with members that are old....I mean, for f#$ks sake, Steven Tyler is 75 years old. Who wants to pay money and go to a concert and see that? Seriously. Mick Jagger is almost 80, lol, still 'singing'. It's garbage. Jagger said back in the day to put a bullet in his head if he was still touring in his 40s.....lmao. What these guys find out is they either need the money or can't be without the attention. And they don't know how to do anything else. 

Keep on trucking', good for you guys still rockin'.......but no way I'll put one dime down to see 79 year old Mick Jagger 'sing'. I don't want to even watch it for free on YouTube. 

I would and do spend my money on the greats from the 60s and 70s.  The last Stones tour was awesome, and the crowd was loud and dancing all night.  The band was tight, not sloppy at all, and was basically a sing-along because I knew every song.  If you didn't like the show, it was because you never really liked the Stones.
I saw the Who last year at the New Orleans Jazz Fest, and I don't think they ever sounded better, seriously.  I actually was brought to tears during "Love, Reign o'er Me" it was so perfect and beautiful.
Don't underestimate the old guys.  Hell, they're all young compared to the POTUS.  B)

I personally wont go see em at this stage of their lives, but it's great these grandpa's are out there still rocking!

The Lord has blessed em with some decent enough health to do it and they're bringing joy to many.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I know Metallica isn't as old, but what's impressive is that they are still creating new music as they hit their 60's.
Hetfield-59, Lars-59, Kirk-60, Robert-58. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I personally wont go see em at this stage of their lives, but it's great these grandpa's are out there still rocking!

The Lord has blessed em with some decent enough health to do it and they're bringing joy to many.

Iron Maiden is one of the few Bands in their late 60's who can still bring it including Bruce's voice. Same with Ozzy and Black Sabath although Ozzy is still battling his health issues. Still has his voice though. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Not sure that is the Lord preserving them, I think the cocktails they have consumed might have something to do with them.  Cucumbers don't last, but pickles do.

Seriously tho, I wouldn't spend money to watch them in their prime.  I certainly wouldn't pay to hear some of them on their "last tour".  More akin to a aged prostitute turning one more trick.

I went and saw Brett Michaels a couple years ago,  he has taken really good care of himself and his voice,  he had his own band and they covered most of the poison stuff and I thought he really held up well.  on the flip side,  the reports I heard about the big concert from last year with Joan Jett, Def Lep, Poison, and the Crue... sounded like a good one to have missed as only Poison worked and that was only for a short stint until somebody got hurt or something.

Duran Duran shows are friggin Great.

John is 62
Simon 64
Nick 60
Roger 63

been a while since Andy (62)