Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schefter reporting Vikings looking to do Cousins extension now
I don't have much problem with an extension, as long as it's not a fully guaranteed deal or for more than 2 years. I've come around on him, and feel that we're in good hands for now. Ideally the staff identifies a young QBOTF at some point in the next year or so and we can go from there.

I am not surprised but haven't seen anything online. The Wilfs want what the Wilfs want.  They wanted to run it back with some tweaks

By week 10 we will know how close we are to Caleb, and Caleb would start as a rookie, so we need to wait.

I don't think this was going to be the qb draft. I think there was a lot of smoke screen. Unless we somehow get lucky with Hall, there is still going to be a qb search 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
This is what is being reported. I’m not surprised. I think they held off before the draft because they wanted to see if they could get one of the top 2 QB’s and when they couldn’t, that set this in motion.

In my opinion, they see Jaren Hall as the potential future and realize it’s going to take a couple of years of development. Kirk is the ideal guy to learn under and a steady presence who can win now as well. If they can get a good cap friendly contract in place, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they pull the trigger on an extension.
Where are you hearing this? 

I'm not seeing this anywhere yet....

Quote: @JR44 said:
If they didn't feel confident enough in Cousins to make trading up for a QB a priority, then he is not the guy for them to move forward with.  This doesn't feel like the way great organizations operate. I feel like you make a decisive decision and it is either Cousins or move on.  Feels wishy washy and I don't think it does a lot for the relationship you have with him.  Really disappointing this was the plan.
I read somewhere, not sure if it was Geoff or not but someone said they had a preliminary deal worked out for #8 for 1 of the QBs if they fell. 

There was also chatter that Levis wasnt a cultural fit, so he was out. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:
If they didn't feel confident enough in Cousins to make trading up for a QB a priority, then he is not the guy for them to move forward with.  This doesn't feel like the way great organizations operate. I feel like you make a decisive decision and it is either Cousins or move on.  Feels wishy washy and I don't think it does a lot for the relationship you have with him.  Really disappointing this was the plan.
I read somewhere, not sure if it was Geoff or not but someone said they had a preliminary deal worked out for #8 for 1 of the QBs if they fell. 

yah, I read that too...Sounds like a great big thumbs down on fit, and KOC doesnt seem that tough to get along with either. 

Well, I wish the kid well with the Titans. I hope Vrabel can raise him right. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:

By #8 you mean the draft slot, not the QB, right? Yeah, I'm pretty certain they did. And I agree about Levis. Too much evidence that he rubbed some teams the wrong way. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@JR44 said:

By #8 you mean the draft slot, not the QB, right? Yeah, I'm pretty certain they did. And I agree about Levis. Too much evidence that he rubbed some teams the wrong way. 
1st round pick 8