Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schefter reporting Vikings looking to do Cousins extension now
This is what is being reported. I’m not surprised. I think they held off before the draft because they wanted to see if they could get one of the top 2 QB’s and when they couldn’t, that set this in motion.

In my opinion, they see Jaren Hall as the potential future and realize it’s going to take a couple of years of development. Kirk is the ideal guy to learn under and a steady presence who can win now as well. If they can get a good cap friendly contract in place, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they pull the trigger on an extension.

Not surprising at this point. I think how long, how much, and how much is guaranteed will be the big questions. I just cant see the front office painting themselves into a corner by having to constantly reshuffle his money every offseason and kick the can down the road. That game has been played out

Shred move IMHO.

I'm curious to see how they will structure Kirko's extension in order to fit in JJ's extension.

It was obvious they weren't going to move into the top 10 with their lack of draft capital, so the possibility of landing one of the top 3 QBs  was next to zero. Delaying the extension until after the draft looks like they just handed Kirk all of the leverage again. How does this make any sense?

I sincerely hope not. Wait until at least week 10 of the season. We got him another weapon so let's just wait and see.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
I'm curious to see how they will structure Kirko's extension in order to fit in JJ's extension.
As I've said before, as long as their cap accelerations don't happen the same year, the two can coexist for maybe three more years. I think Cousins gets another short-term deal. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
It was obvious they weren't going to move into the top 10 with their lack of draft capital, so the possibility of landing one of the top 3 QBs  was next to zero. Delaying the extension until after the draft looks like they just handed Kirk all of the leverage again. How does this make any sense?
How much leverage does Kirko have? After this season he'll be a 36 year old QB w/ only one playoff win assuming no playoff wins this season. I don't forsee a lot of teams signing up for that.

yay . .  2 more years on the same merri-go-round

Maybe by 2025 we will understand if Kirk is the guy . . . good lord

They should have dealt him and started the process new, we know what we have with him.  It is not enough to win a championship

If they didn't feel confident enough in Cousins to make trading up for a QB a priority, then he is not the guy for them to move forward with.  This doesn't feel like the way great organizations operate. I feel like you make a decisive decision and it is either Cousins or move on.  Feels wishy washy and I don't think it does a lot for the relationship you have with him.  Really disappointing this was the plan.