• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG. We did it. We just drafted our QBOTF
Jaren Hall-BYU  :#

Quote: @TBro said:
Jaren Hall-BYU  :#
Good pick - I like it!

I like this pick. Good value at #164. 

that is a good pick at this point

At this point, it's a crap shoot drafting a 5th Round QB. Hall's arm strength is a concern so hopefully he can work on that with the trainers while he is bulking up the rest of this body. There were better developmental prospects we could have taken than Hall, but it's what I've come to expect with a Kwesi run draft. 

“Could develop into a career backup,” sounds promising…!  Wink B)

would have perfered dtr

You knew when they didn't go QB early that DTR and Jaren Hall would be real possibilities later in the draft as theyve been linked to the Vikings. I like Hall. Russell Wilson comparisons and he has some talent to work with and develop. 

Neat pick. Love to see if he can get better. 

He's got a chance. Conflicting reviews of his arm. Some love it and some think it's below average. Either way I like his motion. Throws a pretty pass. I like that he can run. Scored really high on the S2. Agree with the Russell Wilson comp. Even looks like him. 

JAREN HALL, Brigham Young (6-0, 206, 4.64, 6-7): Replaced Zach Wilson at the throttle in 2021 and had a prolific two-year run. “Not much less arm talent than Zach,” one scout said. “More mature. Character-wise, he’s all positive. You’re not going to get the crazy stories that you had with Zach. Just a different person, but he definitely has at least No. 2 quarterback traits. He can throw. Different arm slots, all that stuff.” Ran an impressive 40 and his short shuttle of 4.19 paced the quarterbacks (the top six didn’t participate at the combine or pro day). Finished with a passer rating of 110.0; rushed for 800 and nine TDs. His extensive injury history might knock him off some draft boards. “His was all system,” said a second scout. “He’s got one read and he knows where to go with the ball, and if he can get it there he’s good. But a small guy with an average arm. If it’s not on timing out of the pocket he just really struggles. No upside. Looks like he’s got enough to be a backup.” Turned 25 last month. Wonderlic of 24. Hands were 9 ½. From Spanish Fork, Utah.