Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turning down the sound
Hate the TV yappers yapping as if they know what the hell they’re talking about. 
It’s convincing….until you remember they said the same damn thing about Zach Wilson and Trey Lance and Justin Fields and Mac Jones and Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen and Mitch Trubisky and Wentz and Winston and Mariota and Bortles and RGIII and…

I’d like to give a special shout out to Marriot for ridding us of Michael Irvin…!!!  Wink B)  

Its unwatchable to me. I keep track on my phone, its what I've done for years now. The forced takes and non stop babbling to fill time between picks leads to some horrific television. 

Actually, I really enjoyed the NFL Network broadcast this year minus Eisen and his usual shtick. Joel Klatt, Charles Davis, along with DJ made for some really insightful, intelligent commentary on the picks. 

I still despise what the league has turned the draft into. I don't need or want anybody and everybody coming up to the stage trying to incite the crowd, waving their arms and hooting and hollering. I can also do without the commisioners make-out sessions with every player in attendance. They've just turned it into cheeseball central. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Actually, I really enjoyed the NFL Network broadcast this year minus Eisen and his usual shtick. Joel Klatt, Charles Davis, along with DJ made for some really insightful, intelligent commentary on the picks. 

I still despise what the league has turned the draft into. I don't need or want anybody and everybody coming up to the stage trying to incite the crowd, waving their arms and hooting and hollering. I can also do without the commisioners make-out sessions with every player in attendance. They've just turned it into cheeseball central. 
Seriously? Insightful? Intelligent?  I miss the old days when analysts would actually mention a player's negatives. "He's good at this, but he has to work on that." Last night was an adulation-fest, more like the Oscars or a beauty pageant. They don't even try to appeal to the serious football fan. It's geared 100% to the casual fan to boost numbers. So we get it in primetime, with shitty music and dancing, manufactured drama, emotional journeys and WWE-like live crowds. 

No, not a fan. But I know it's not going to change. Couple more years and it'll be the Hunger Games.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

Seriously? Insightful? Intelligent?  I miss the old days when analysts would actually mention a player's negatives. "He's good at this, but he has to work on that." Last night was an adulation-fest, more like the Oscars or a beauty pageant. They don't even try to appeal to the serious football fan. It's geared 100% to the casual fan to boost numbers. So we get it in primetime, with shitty music and dancing, manufactured drama, emotional journeys and WWE-like live crowds. 

No, not a fan. But I know it's not going to change. Couple more years and it'll be the Hunger Games.
I found it to be more intelligent commentary then years past when they'd trot out the clown show with Michael Irvin and the like. I enjoy Jeremiah, Davis, and Klatt's draft thoughts. But I agree with you completely about the embarrassing spectacle they've turned the draft into. The days of it being a low key, all weekend event are long since over. 

ESPN is a no-go for me. NFLN is at least more tolerable.

This is f'n brutal listening to all these former players getting on stage and trying to talk shit. Its WWE personified. Can we please just go back to a professional from the NFL office calling the picks!?