Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cine Update
ACL tears used to derail athletic careers even if they did not actually end the career. You could return to action, but you were never really the same athlete. That is no longer the case. More recently, achilles tears were career enders. That too is no longer the case. I have not heard of many compound ankle fractures or whether they are career enders. I am optimistic Cine will make a full recovery.

Quote: @dadevike said:
ACL tears used to derail athletic careers even if they did not actually end the career. You could return to action, but you were never really the same athlete. That is no longer the case. More recently, achilles tears were career enders. That too is no longer the case. I have not heard of many compound ankle fractures or whether they are career enders. I am optimistic Cine will make a full recovery.
Lewis Cine was hurt week 4 of the 2022 season. Dak Prescott suffered the same injury (compound ankle fracture and dislocation) in week 5 of 2020. He was out for the year, but then had his best season ever in 2021. Cine should be fine.  

Didn't Robert Smith have a knee injury his rookie year, then the next year he injured his other knee.  But then came back and had a pretty decent career?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Lewis Cine was hurt week 4 of the 2022 season. Dak Prescott suffered the same injury (compound ankle fracture and dislocation) in week 5 of 2020. He was out for the year, but then had his best season ever in 2021. Cine should be fine.  
Yeah, guess I was remembering Charles Gordon's career ending injury.  The amount of medical technology available to these guys is amazing.

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Yeah, guess I was remembering Charles Gordon's career ending injury.  The amount of medical technology available to these guys is amazing.
Gordon's injury was 15 years ago. Lots of advancement in surgery since then. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@dadevike said:
Gordon's injury was 15 years ago. Lots of advancement in surgery since then. 
what are you saying?  Seems much more recent than that.