Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Ted Lasso...any fans of the show?
Not much of a TV guy, but I have really enjoyed this show.  Great characters, dialogue and its doing well to bring issues of mental health out from the shadows.  Ted exemplifies class and character while dealing with his own frustrations and personal demons, with a witty charm. Roy, Rebecca, Keely, Jamie, Sam, Nate & Rupert are right out of the DSM-5.

Anyone else out there getting “Lasso’d?”

We've watched S1 and S2, haven't gotten to S3 yet. 

We were big fan's S1 and then kinda cooled on it since. It just became too much of the same old formula imo. 

I can't even count how many people have told me to watch this. One of these days...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I can't even count how many people have told me to watch this. One of these days...
It should definitely make the que...

Not to detract from the OP, but if you are a LOTR fan, I would add Rings of Power to that que too.

We're almost done with S1 and they did a really nice job imo. I wasn't sure what to expect with Peter Jacksons Trilogy being perfection. So my expectations were guarded. 

GoT prequel was excellent and should make most radars too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
We've watched S1 and S2, haven't gotten to S3 yet. 

We were big fan's S1 and then kinda cooled on it since. It just became too much of the same old formula imo. 
I started watching S3 yesterday. Just like you, I've cooled on it. Still has some funny moments but now it seems to have lost that mojo from the beginning.

Loved season 1 of Ted Lasso, kinda hated season 2. It was weirdly depressing. Have not seen s3.

I liked Rings of Power and the GoT prequel. Succession too.