• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com: Vikings trade with Eagles for #10 spot in round 1
Vikings receive:
  • No. 10 overall (Round 1, from NO)

Eagles receive:
  • No. 23 overall (Round 1)
  • No. 87 overall (Round 3)
  • 2024 first-round choice

There's never been a draft in which four quarterbacks were selected among the first nine overall picks. With C.J. Stroud and Bryce Young considered by many observers to be the top two passers in the class, it seems likely that Will Levis or Anthony Richardson (both talented in their own right) will be available at No. 10, much like Justin Fields in 2021, when the Bears traded for the 11th overall pick to select him.

Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell might covet one of the top quarterback prospects in the class, with the idea that said prospect will take over for Kirk Cousins, who turns 35 in August and is headed for free agency after the 2023 season. Philadelphia GM Howie Roseman has made at least one trade involving a first-round pick in all but one of the past seven drafts. If the Eagles aren't interested in something like the above deal, the Vikings could still call other teams in the middle of the first round if they like one of the available signal-callers.

Moving from the late first round into the top dozen overall picks for a quarterback is not unheard of -- in addition to the Bears jumping from No. 20 to No. 11 for Fields, the Chiefs (who grabbed Patrick Mahomes after going from No. 27 to No. 10 overall) and Texans (who selected Deshaun Watson after going from No. 25 to No. 12) made similar moves in 2017. Kansas City had a solid veteran on the roster (Alex Smith) when trading up -- a similar situation to the one in which Minnesota finds itself. Not that I'm projecting Levis or Richardson to be as successful as Mahomes, but they both certainly have the potential to be longtime starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

23 days till the draft...

Cant come soon enough. 

Sticky, you need to get better at writing subject lines. The word "potentially" could be of some use here. 

What?  I can't believe Philly would do this without them demanding Raegor back.  B) 
(If anyone but Sticky posted this, it might actually be believable) :p

With no 2nd round pick would hate to lose a 3rd round pick in this draft.  If this would happen they better be smart enough not to do it until they are on the clock.  Would be so Viking like to make this trade then have the player they traded up to get go at pick #9.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sticky, you need to get better at writing subject lines. The word "potentially" could be of some use here. 
Yah I wanted to post not today Satan, but I dont think he meant to Sticky anyone lol! 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Vikings receive:
  • No. 10 overall (Round 1, from NO)

Eagles receive:
  • No. 23 overall (Round 1)
  • No. 87 overall (Round 3)
  • 2024 first-round choice

There's never been a draft in which four quarterbacks were selected among the first nine overall picks. With C.J. Stroud and Bryce Young considered by many observers to be the top two passers in the class, it seems likely that Will Levis or Anthony Richardson (both talented in their own right) will be available at No. 10, much like Justin Fields in 2021, when the Bears traded for the 11th overall pick to select him.

Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O'Connell might covet one of the top quarterback prospects in the class, with the idea that said prospect will take over for Kirk Cousins, who turns 35 in August and is headed for free agency after the 2023 season. Philadelphia GM Howie Roseman has made at least one trade involving a first-round pick in all but one of the past seven drafts. If the Eagles aren't interested in something like the above deal, the Vikings could still call other teams in the middle of the first round if they like one of the available signal-callers.

Moving from the late first round into the top dozen overall picks for a quarterback is not unheard of -- in addition to the Bears jumping from No. 20 to No. 11 for Fields, the Chiefs (who grabbed Patrick Mahomes after going from No. 27 to No. 10 overall) and Texans (who selected Deshaun Watson after going from No. 25 to No. 12) made similar moves in 2017. Kansas City had a solid veteran on the roster (Alex Smith) when trading up -- a similar situation to the one in which Minnesota finds itself. Not that I'm projecting Levis or Richardson to be as successful as Mahomes, but they both certainly have the potential to be longtime starting quarterbacks in the NFL.
Might have to give up a little more than that to get to 10?   Chicago (Fields) moved from 20 to 10 and gave up the 20 pick, 5th rounder that year and then a first and fourth rounder the following year.  

I think we might have to move ahead of Washington(16) and then Tampa(19) if we want our QB.  The problem is GB is at 14, and I don't think they will trade down with us, so you look at NE at 14.  Point system vary but to move to 14 would probably cost us our 20 and 87 picks and a second rounder next year.  

I'm liking Hooker more than Levi right now but the bottom line for me is that if our brass targets either one I hope we make the move and I will support it (not that I have a choiceSmile

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
lmao, my bad!

I really didn't, but I see what MB is saying!

[Image: cktslaxyg2js.gif]