Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings take QB Levis in CBSSports Mock

Close to 100% chance it won't happen if CBS says it will!

I dont care how many warts Levis has or doesnt have; no way he drops to 23. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Yeah, I don't see that going down that way at all.  If we want him, its going to take a trade up.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yeah, I don't see that going down that way at all.  If we want him, its going to take a trade up.
I think a trade down scenario is more likely, given the dearth of picks and # of holes on the roster. I could see best WR or DB left going to us in Rd 1. If we stay in rd 1 at all. 

Levis at 23 feels like a kind of Best Case Scenario doesn't it? Already happened to us once with Jefferson. I doubt lightning strikes twice but sure would be sweet.

@AGRforever said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think a trade down scenario is more likely, given the dearth of picks and # of holes on the roster. I could see best WR or DB left going to us in Rd 1. If we stay in rd 1 at all. 

I'm not 100% in on Levis maybe not even 50%.  But if they've identified him as our next QB then they would need to trade up for him. There's no way he's just left for us at 23. 

I'm mixed on whether to trade up and get a QB you want or try and get extra picks by trading out of the 1st all together. 

With no extension to date for Cousins, I would think that if he were to drop anywhere near our pick that we would move up to get him.  I don't see anyway he gets to 23.  

Honestly, I don't believe anything I read or hear this time of year about the Draft. The majority of it is just garbage or completely contrived for clicks, history has shown this to be true. 

Tough to see a fall all the way to 23, but it happens sometimes. Falls tend to compound as teams begin to wonder what other teams might know. 
I can't speak to his interviews or pre-draft process but I still think Levis is the QB best equipped to successfully transition from college to the NFL.