Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff's play for Vikings against his former Lions team...

Riley Reiff's play for Vikings against his former Lions team means more than his limited words

Left tackle Riley Reiff doesn’t say much publicly. He says he limits his chats with reporters and declined this week to discuss facing his old team, the Lions, on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium.

But Reiff, the Vikings’ prized free-agent addition from Detroit this offseason, doesn’t need to be a rah-rah guy to be the leader of the Vikings’ offensive line resurgence, according to offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur. The presence of Reiff has helped turn the 2-1 Vikings offense into a legitimate threat, just in time to welcome the Lions, who let him walk in free agency.
“The words and the speaking part of leadership is over-talked about in my mind,” Shurmur said. “I’ve said it before: It doesn’t take anything extraordinary to lead. You’ve got to be good at what you do and you’ve got to be willing to show courage and be tough. He does all those things.”
http://www.startribune.com/riley-reiff-s...448759883/

Being consistently good at your job and leading by example IS extraordinary, at least in my mind.

Caldwell certainly speaks highly of him, dare I say the Vikngs got this one right...!?  :o