Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT:Tesla to deliver first Model 3 cars this month
Historically amazing in lots of ways.

Personally, I'd like to see more against hydrogen. The big change is not going to be these drivetrains, but it's autonomy. We're just scratching the surface and it's going to change the way we drive forever. And thats not driving!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/03/technolo...index.html

Car looks amazing for 35K - 215 miles on one charge.  I have seen more and more power stations all over Pennsylvania as well.  Wish I kept my Tesla stock but I have an investment knack for not knowing when to hold them or fold them Smile

Quote: @minny65 said:
Car looks amazing for 35K - 215 miles on one charge.  I have seen more and more power stations all over Pennsylvania as well.  Wish I kept my Tesla stock but I have an investment knack for not knowing when to hold them or fold them Smile
I can do a lot of my driving with 215 per charge. I'd be happier if it was 400. And I don't expect the proliferation of charging stations here in the Midwest as I'm seeing in Cali or as you point out in the NE too. So my next car may not be EV, but I am sure going to consider it and test drive a Tesla in this price range. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:
I can do a lot of my driving with 215 per charge. I'd be happier if it was 400. And I don't expect the proliferation of charging stations here in the Midwest as I'm seeing in Cali or as you point out in the NE too. So my next car may not be EV, but I am sure going to consider it and test drive a Tesla in this price range. 

if you put your grand down now, you may take delivery in 2019!  B)

Quote: @Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:

if you put your grand down now, you may take delivery in 2019!  B)
Well, 9/19 is when my current lease is up! 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:

Yea it would be nice to get up towards the 400 mile range before needing a charge but 215 is such a big improvement in a few years.  The vast majority of drivers would be fine with 215 but I drive in a 2.5 hour radius for work/sales so 400 would be awesome.  I would love to get one of these and still get my car mileage stipend it would more then make up for the cost.  

Let me know your thoughts after a test drive.  I will do the same.  You go on the tesla site to schedule.  

Map of charging locations:

https://www.plugshare.com/

The midwest actually has the most charging stations.