Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets meeting with Rodgers
Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@Montana Tom said:
Yes, he went on Pat McAfee's show today and said that he intends to play for the Jets.  And the teams are working out the details of the trade.  He's removed all questions of walking out the NFC North Door...it's just up to the Jets to agree to the final price (no doubt the contingent discussions have been going on for weeks, and they're not fearing the cost).  So this will happen.
Yeah, my coworkers and I watched it live over lunch.  It's basically up to the Packers and Jets to finalize the trade comp.  He flat out said he wants to continue playing and play for the Jets.
so,  how are the cheeseheads holding up?  Are they consoling each other by trashing rogers now, like they did with Favre?  Or are they pimping the shit out of Love in hopes that if they believe it, that it will some how come true?
Combo of both hahahaa

[Image: latest?cb=20100702150413]

I know it's been a while. But upon hearing this news I just had to stop by the church, see the congregation on this fine Wednesday and say Hallelujer!

[Image: a9b7f160fcf4af3f5440a30a9ae2ed35.jpg]

Now GTFO!

Amen.

Long time Nichelle, hope you're doing good 

I just hope its like a 1st this year snd a second next year. It would suck if they get a major haul and turn it into the next ten years of success. 

The media narrative has barely changed about Green Bay, however. Now its that Love is ready to 'shine and be a star' ....the next great QB. Yeaaahhh, because we've all seen SO much play from him, it's obvious. SMH. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I just hope its like a 1st this year snd a second next year. It would suck if they get a major haul and turn it into the next ten years of success. 

What I dont understand is why the Jets would give anything? Green Bay is either trading him or cutting him. Cant they just wait them out?

Quote: @wiviking said:
@AGRforever said:

What I dont understand is why the Jets would give anything? Green Bay is either trading him or cutting him. Cant they just wait them out?
I am betting some other team could jump in if they dick around to much.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@wiviking said:
@AGRforever said:

I am betting some other team could jump in if they dick around to much.

They could. But Rodgers is petty. He could be looking to stick it to the packers. Pretty sure he never forgave them for drafting Love, not picking wide receivers in the first, and whatever else he decided was unforgivable. He's declared that he intends to play for the Jets. He could wait them out. Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part. But to me it seems like the Jets hold all the cards.