Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets meeting with Rodgers
Quote: @StickyBun said:
I just don't see Jordan Love being anything close to Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. But that's the narrative that the media is starting to build. Doesn't mean its accurate. At least they had a plan, drafted Love, and if they trade Rodgers, they've got a guy. For better or worse. Minnesota needs to get a replacement for Cousins. 

Agreed. Dumb to predict Love will be a hall of famer like those guys, but GB essentially forced Rodgers out. I hate em, but they're a pretty well run franchise. They must think Love is at least decent. This season will be telling.
As for the Vikings-- yes. Bears have Fields, GB has Love, DET has #6 and #18... they are all getting younger at the position. That's far from a guarantee but there's certainly some potential. It remains to be seen what we do with Kirk. A call to the Jets for Wilson might make some sense? Just spitballing but I don't see the Vikings moving up to get a top 4 guy in this draft so that leaves us with meager options. And like you said, we need something.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Montana Tom said:
Yes, he went on Pat McAfee's show today and said that he intends to play for the Jets.  And the teams are working out the details of the trade.  He's removed all questions of walking out the NFC North Door...it's just up to the Jets to agree to the final price (no doubt the contingent discussions have been going on for weeks, and they're not fearing the cost).  So this will happen.
Yeah, my coworkers and I watched it live over lunch.  It's basically up to the Packers and Jets to finalize the trade comp.  He flat out said he wants to continue playing and play for the Jets.
so,  how are the cheeseheads holding up?  Are they consoling each other by trashing rogers now, like they did with Favre?  Or are they pimping the shit out of Love in hopes that if they believe it, that it will some how come true?

Quote: @Kentis said:
Said he was 90% leaning towards retirement, until he entered the darkness, LOL…  :p 
He thinks he's Bane...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@Montana Tom said:
Yes, he went on Pat McAfee's show today and said that he intends to play for the Jets.  And the teams are working out the details of the trade.  He's removed all questions of walking out the NFC North Door...it's just up to the Jets to agree to the final price (no doubt the contingent discussions have been going on for weeks, and they're not fearing the cost).  So this will happen.
Yeah, my coworkers and I watched it live over lunch.  It's basically up to the Packers and Jets to finalize the trade comp.  He flat out said he wants to continue playing and play for the Jets.
so,  how are the cheeseheads holding up?  Are they consoling each other by trashing rogers now, like they did with Favre?  Or are they pimping the shit out of Love in hopes that if they believe it, that it will some how come true?
Combo of both hahahaa

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@Montana Tom said:
Combo of both hahahaa
brother,  you are going to have christmas all year long once the reality hits over there.  I am so envious.  you better practice your smirk,  you know,  the one you will be wear to work every monday as you walk by the packer fans pissing and moaning about their teams fall from grace.

4 Sale- slightly used Turd Hearse:  :p 

[Image: wz7yk8lcb573.jpeg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...07649?s=20
In his mind, he is a legend.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...07649?s=20
OK Bart, Brett, whatever the hell your name was!