Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z wants out

you mean he doesnt want to play for 12 million this year, knowing its very unlikely he sees 20 next year at 32,  and wants another shot at a new deal with up front money?  shocking!!!

Fuck him, once a Packer always a Packer.  If he doesn't want to be a Viking then release him.

Quote: @Greylock said:
Fuck him, once a Packer always a Packer.  If he doesn't want to be a Viking then release him.
Fuck that. He now thinks he signed a cheap deal. But at the time he signed it he was damaged goods. He had a bad back and it was questionable whether he would ever be any good again. The Vikings took a chance and it paid off. Now that he showed he can still play, he wants a do-over. Fuck no. Let him hold out if he wants and fine him every step of the way. 

Alternatively, let your agent bring us a trade where we get pick 48 or better then fine.

So he was pissed at the Packers because they DIDN'T want him and now he can be pissed at the Vikings because they DO want him. Fine. Play here or sit out 10 or 11 games next season. No way I release him.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
you mean he doesnt want to play for 12 million this year, knowing its very unlikely he sees 20 next year at 32,  and wants another shot at a new deal with up front money?  shocking!!!
They probably asked him to take a pay cut too.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
@JimmyinSD said:
They probably asked him to take a pay cut too.
oh I am sure they have,  but when they said no,  he decides to get all Diggsy on them?  Let his agent go shop his ass,  tell them day 2 pick and not come back with any compensatory bull shit,  I like that 48 or better, maybe make it 60 or better,  even a often gimped premium pass rusher is worth a 2nd when its on an affordable deal to the right team. I doubt we see that much for him,  however,  he may have a higher value in next years draft if we wait until after camp or up until the trade deadline.

He has no leverage.

This seems like an easy solution considering he would save us 12 million in cap space and we still need to cut 16 million before the deadline. The question on him coming in was health. He started the season like a ball of fire, got hurt, and finished out the last two months of the season including the playoffs with a whopping half a sack. 31 years old, yeah if we can't trade him...cut him. I'm imagining the Vikings are publicly stating they aren't cutting him to not lose any leverage in trade discussions.