Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jones gets a new deal
Quote: @greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
Donatell deserves a cut of this contract. Jones was barely average when not playing the Vikes in 2022.
Came here to say that.  Donatell made Jones a rich man.
Me 3....

This isn't surprising.....and shouldn't be. The devil you know. Decent NFL QBs are really hard to find and this proves it. Is Danny Dimes even decent? Open to debate. IMO, absolutely not. 

Only two types of QBs in the NFL...

Is Daniel Jones a QB you can "win with"?

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Doesn't matter what I think, only what they think. To clarify, when I offered my "two types" theory, it was in terms of how FO's make their decisions on QBs, not whether it was right, wrong or otherwise. I'm more convinced of it now than ever...especially after Kwesi made his "threshold" comment about Cousins. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Doesn't matter what I think, only what they think. To clarify, when I offered my "two types" theory, it was in terms of how FO's make their decisions on QBs, not whether it was right, wrong or otherwise. I'm more convinced of it now than ever...especially after Kwesi made his "threshold" comment about Cousins. 
Right.  But does that mean people can't disagree with them and think this was a bad contract? 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Right.  But does that mean people can't disagree with them and think this was a bad contract? 
Absolutely not!  B) Wha?? Of course you can disagree with it.

I just don't think NFL decision makers think like fans do. I don't think they wring hands over whether a QB is "good," "great" or "elite," top 10, 12, etc. I think they think in terms of is he a QB we can win with (and worthy of market value), or is he someone we need to replace? 

Clearly the Giants feel DJ belongs in the 1st group. Do I agree? Not that it matters, but I don't know. He played a lot better this year. His arrow is pointing up. He's only 25, got ideal size, a good arm and he's very mobile, rushing for 70 yards against us in the playoff game. I'd kinda maybe want to see where he could go with a couple NFL-level receivers. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
Donatell deserves a cut of this contract. Jones was barely average when not playing the Vikes in 2022.
All the missed tackles and blown coverages helped Jones get that bag too.
How do we know if they were blown coverages or just _onatell's "design"?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
It's not all on him. Players are part of the equation, they don't get a pass 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
@greediron said:
@1VikesFan said:
It's not all on him. Players are part of the equation, they don't get a pass 
Sorry, but yeah, that scheme was all on him.  Players don't get a pass, but the opposing offense sure did.