Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets meeting with Rodgers
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/16...FO4bqyAQkw&s=19
Rodgers emerges from the cave, and if he sees the Jets, it means 6 more weeks of speculation.

Why would anyone give up a ton of picks for a one year high cost Kaaron.  I see not much in the trade for him as you don't know if he'll want to play beyond 2023-4

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The hilarious part is many current Jets are lobbying hard on social media to get Rodgers, yet the GM croons about Zach Wilson's upside and they have 'plans for him'...lmao. No they don't. The only plan is to trade or cut him this year. The players are DONE with Wilson. 

Count me in for picking up Wilson for a low-round pick or if he gets cut. Vikings need a backup and let's see if he can be turned around. If not, no sweat....just release him. But on the low odds scale, if he could be rebuilt with a new, mature mindset.....he's got skills. He should want to come to such a stable organization like Minnesota for a solid 2nd chance learning behind a guy like Cousins. 
I agree bayberry being cut will humble  him  has for other players 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@StickyBun said:
The hilarious part is many current Jets are lobbying hard on social media to get Rodgers, yet the GM croons about Zach Wilson's upside and they have 'plans for him'...lmao. No they don't. The only plan is to trade or cut him this year. The players are DONE with Wilson. 

Count me in for picking up Wilson for a low-round pick or if he gets cut. Vikings need a backup and let's see if he can be turned around. If not, no sweat....just release him. But on the low odds scale, if he could be rebuilt with a new, mature mindset.....he's got skills. He should want to come to such a stable organization like Minnesota for a solid 2nd chance learning behind a guy like Cousins. 
I agree bayberry being cut will humble  him  has for other players 
maybe dam auto correct

I don’t really get why he’d want to go to the Jets.  I could get it if he was 36, do some time on
the Jets and then go where he wants, but at this point I feel like it’d make
more sense to retire than go to the Jets.

Quote: @medaille said:
I don’t really get why he’d want to go to the Jets.  I could get it if he was 36, do some time on
Incorrectly or not, I think the Jets view themselves as a potentially pretty good team with talent sans a QB. I guess it depends how much 'want to' Rodgers has left in the tank. The difference between lifestyle/media in Green Bay and NYC couldn't be more opposite. I think Rodgers's likability rating in Wisconsin has never been lower. Who knows, we'll see.

@medaille said:
Incorrectly or not, I think the Jets view themselves as a potentially pretty good team with talent sans a QB. I guess it depends how much 'want to' Rodgers has left in the tank. The difference between lifestyle/media in Green Bay and NYC couldn't be more opposite. I think Rodgers's likability rating in Wisconsin has never been lower. Who knows, we'll see.
some pretty good football minds tend to think that the Jets are only missing a top tier QB to be in the talk with the upper echelon of the AFC,  if that really is the case,  why wouldnt he want to go to a team that will give him a legit shot at another ring?  the question should be,  based on last year,  why do the Jets think Rogers still has the hunger and is still that guy that loves the game and will come ready to play?

His ceiling is NFL practice squad.  I don't think the Vikings are looking to collect the Jets trash and pretend it's valuable.  At least I hope they aren't. :#

Quote: @comet52 said:
@StickyBun said:

His ceiling is NFL practice squad.  I don't think the Vikings are looking to collect the Jets trash and pretend it's valuable.  At least I hope they aren't. :#
He's 23, not sure his label is 100% garbage quite yet. But he'll have some odds to overcome for sure and what we've seen hasn't been good by any stretch. Look how well Josh Rosen has developed given a second chance.  :p

Talented QBs get second chances and so will Zach. Not sure it will be Minnesota, however.