Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate the Lions!
Quote: @comet52 said:
@JR44 said:
Maybe in the Vince Lombardi era, but over the past 30 years Vikings Packers is a way bigger rivalry than Packers Bears.  I don't even see how this is close.  
I have to agree, seeing as how I've lived in southern Wisconsin for 23 years now and think I can speak with some authority on the subject, being surrounded by cheeseheads all of this time. 

When they say "Oh the Bears are who we *really* care about", they are covering for how crappy they feel because the Vikings are the team that has consistently found ways to spoil their party, despite finishing behind them most of the time in the last 30 years.   Most will admit that the Vikings are the team they hate the most, followed by the Bears.  They hate us more because we've caused them more frustration.  The Bears are simply the older rivalry, by about 40 years.  Then there are the Lions who've mostly been the Packer's doormats since the early 90's.  
thats funny that they would feel that way,  since they have been a giant PITA since the Favre era began and it continued on through with Rogers,  sure we got one on them here or there,  but since the early 90s the packers have certainly had the better side of that rivalry. 33-25-2 in favor of the fudge.
The Green Bay Packers have a record of 64-56-3 versus the Vikings all-time.

I wonder how much of that is just based on recency though, I have to think being behind by essentially 12 years of matchups,  twice in the last 60 years would have had to have left a sour taste in the cheese head mouth. 
The Bears-Packers rivalry is the most historic NFC North rivalry. The Bears held the winning record against the Packers for many decades, at one point, having led the series by as many as 24 games (in 1960 and again in 1992). The Packers surpassed the Bears in 2017 and now lead the series, 105–95–6.

Meh the Lions are an afterthought until they sustain some success 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
wasnt that Mike Zimmers sentiment?

And the Packers fan always says the same thing to me," Where are your Lombardi's? ".
And I answer, you got one when you were what, 8 years old and you are bragging about that?
And Bears fans are obnoxious enough to hate for 50 more years no matter how bad their team sucks.
And though I don't hate the lions, one of few NFL teams I don't hate, I have a feeling things may change in the near future.
Being a grumpy old man has its benefits!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
wasnt that Mike Zimmers sentiment?
Probably but I am speaking about their record over a long stretch. They haven't been relevant so it's hard to have much of a rivalry. Maybe they are on the right track and that will change. The biggest real rivalry has been the border battle until Chicago or Detroit do something different, I don't see that changing. And yes I know we have a rough record against the Lions

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
And the Packers fan always says the same thing to me," Where are your Lombardi's? ".
And I answer, you got one when you were what, 8 years old and you are bragging about that?
And Bears fans are obnoxious enough to hate for 50 more years no matter how bad their team sucks.
And though I don't hate the lions, one of few NFL teams I don't hate, I have a feeling things may change in the near future.
hell,  i had a bears fan ask me this week about our superbowl wins...fuckers!

@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Well the bears packers rivalry trumps anything we have going between either team so we are kind of stuck.  Not sure who outside the division we would better pair with.
I would say that whatever rivalry was there 30 years ago is irrelevant. 
Lol,  go to Chicago or Green Bay and tell them that rivalry is irrelevant.   Eastern Wisconsin doesn't give a shit about the Vikings,  all they care about is beating the bears and winning the division,   the Vikings like the lions are just another obstacle.
Packer fans on that Twitter thread disagree. 
Let me know when they start singing songs about their dislike of the Vikings.  Its not lions fans that sing "the bears still suck" from the top of their lungs.
You're not on Twitter, are you? 
Why,  do the cheese heads sing songs about the Vikings on twitter?

How many cheese heads you follow on Twitter?

All I can say is after spending  week in eastern sconni this summer,  they definitely hate the Fibs and the bears more than anything and don't really give a shit about the Vikings unless it happens to be the game that week.  Thier hatred of the bears is a year around affair for those folks.
Must be a East Wisconsin geographical oddity, because the Packers Vikings chatter is pretty constant on Twitter and I honestly don't remember Bears fans contributing to it much at all. I'm sure a lot of Packer fans still hate the Bears, but I can't imagine why. But whatevs...not like this matters more than a hill'a yeller snowballs. 
from what I understand eastern and to some extent northern sconni is the play ground for the money folk from Chicago,  aka the FIBs ( Fucking Illinois Bastards)  I suspect a lot of the hatred goes back generations and likely stems from much more than football results.  

In Indiana we know them as FIP’s (Fuckin’ Illinois Pricks)

@jargomcfargo said:
hell,  i had a bears fan ask me this week about our superbowl wins...fuckers!
The only reason Bears fans have stopped hanging on to 1985 is that at this point the majority of the fan base wasn't even born then.

I will hate the Lions too if we’re looking up at them in our division this season…  :o Confused  

Quote: @Kentis said:
I will hate the Lions too if we’re looking up at them in our division this season…  :o Confused  
Get used to it.